Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am currently in year 11 and doing my GCSE's. I would like to become an Occupational Psychologist, therefore I need some advise on A level options to in order to do a psychology degree. I am thinking of choosing Psychology, Business and Economics at the moment. I am not sure yet about my last option.
    Advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussy101)
    Hi,
    I am currently in year 11 and doing my GCSE's. I would like to become an Occupational Psychologist, therefore I need some advise on A level options to in order to do a psychology degree. I am thinking of choosing Psychology, Business and Economics at the moment. I am not sure yet about my last option.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hiya,
    Psychology degrees tend to be flexible in entry requirements, often not requiring specific A Levels for application (some do though). Regardless, most offer lower requirements for applicants with certain A levels such as Maths, Biology, Statistics, etc. So do you reckon any of those tickle your fancy?

Your current A Level choices are popular ones. Adding a science or number-based course as a fourth option could boost your application when it comes to it. They will also be relevant to the modules that you might face at university, so will be more prepared.

For inspiration, just do a quick search of the psychology degrees at your local universities to see the sort of typical requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussy101)
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance.
    Maybe Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Sociology.

I think Biology or Sociology are good.

ReputationRep:
    Your options are fine, however some of the better universities have a "preference" for at least two sciences - so adding another may be helpful. I'd suggest biology as it's the most closely related (and I'm biased because I take it!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.