Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I've been given a U grade for my AQA Biology coursework...

I got 60%! 30/50 marks. My teacher says the grade boundaries are really high because a lot of schools cheat.

This has totally ruined my chances of getting into uni, not even joking. I can't retake it apparently either.

Is this actually right??? It seems totally unfair to me! We do the BIO6T coursework option for AQA Biology.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porcupayne)

I got 60%! 30/50 marks. My teacher says the grade boundaries are really high because a lot of schools cheat.

This has totally ruined my chances of getting into uni, not even joking. I can't retake it apparently either.

Is this actually right??? It seems totally unfair to me! We do the BIO6T coursework option for AQA Biology.

Thanks
    Mate, I have the exact same problem. I got a U last year in 3T and got 40/50 this year in 6T which is probably just a C. I need AAA for medicine but as you said, other colleges cheat, so the grade boundaries are sky high which disadvantages us. We just really need to nail the exams. I'm hoping I can get an A* in unit 4 and an A in unit 5. I'm also resitting unit 1 to try and get more UMS that I lost from the ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porcupayne)

Thanks
    lol blame your teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erfanullah)
    lol blame your teacher
    How is it his teachers fault? It's supposed to be done independently like an exam. Colleges just cheat and inept individuals end up scoring well whereas able individuals don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    How is it his teachers fault? It's supposed to be done independently like an exam. Colleges just cheat and inept individuals end up scoring well whereas able individuals don't
    fair point but still teachers are allowed to help you as in like give you a prep day before the isa like going over the topic and helping you understand certain bits that gona come up but not tell you the question or like data practice

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.