Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Or can I do it on the cheap?

ReputationRep:
    Nooo lol, it's so easy; I revised for one day before my test, and passed; using a book I had and googling tests!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Or can I do it on the cheap?
    I used the official iPhone app from DVSA, it was £4.99, but it had loads of practice questions etc... You can equally find stuff online, but having the app gave me the convenience of just doing some practice when I had a spare few minutes. In my opinion, worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    Nooo lol, it's so easy; I revised for one day before my test, and passed; using a book I had and googling tests!
    That's what I've been doing but my driving instructor says it's got over 1000 potential questions and I'm not sure if I've done 200 different questions, let alone 1000. Got any ideas how I can indicate if I'm ready or not?

ReputationRep:
    That's what I've been doing but my driving instructor says it's got over 1000 potential questions and I'm not sure if I've done 200 different questions, let alone 1000. Got any ideas how I can indicate if I'm ready or not?
    Have you done any practice tests? They should be a fairly good indicator.
    Most of the multiple choice is common sense (esp signs), I think I got 48/50? I certainly didn't practice thaaat much
    It was the hazard perception that annoyed me, but again some simulator tests should show you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    Have you done any practice tests? They should be a fairly good indicator.
    Most of the multiple choice is common sense (esp signs), I think I got 48/50? I certainly didn't practice thaaat much
    It was the hazard perception that annoyed me, but again some simulator tests should show you!
    Yeah, but they seem to be around the same questions all the time. I feel like I must be missing 800 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I used the official iPhone app from DVSA, it was £4.99, but it had loads of practice questions etc... You can equally find stuff online, but having the app gave me the convenience of just doing some practice when I had a spare few minutes. In my opinion, worth it!
    I used it too and would really recommend it, the questions are worded exactly the same as in the real test and when I took my theory test I only got 2 questions which weren't on the app.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but they seem to be around the same questions all the time. I feel like I must be missing 800 or something.
    Could run into the same issues with a paid app though! If you think it's worth it then could be good, I'd personally keep googling new tests

ReputationRep:
    I don't think an app is necessary personally. I passed first time using only the official DVSA theory test book and a website called TheoryTestPro which has practice questions and answers plus mock tests

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm.... Perhaps I just lack confidence but I kind of have nothing to go by to tell whether I'm ready for the test yet so it's really difficult for me to decide whether buying the app would be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm.... Perhaps I just lack confidence but I kind of have nothing to go by to tell whether I'm ready for the test yet so it's really difficult for me to decide whether buying the app would be worth it.
    Most people just book it and then that forces them to revise for it. People can do it by just revising the day before so I don't think you should worry about whether you're 'ready' as you'll never really know I'd say if you're passing 9/10 mock tests then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I practised whatever tests for I could find and was doing well on them, then I failed my theory. Before I re-took it i got the offical app, and then i passed. I would recommend it, because the questions are quite specific and they non offical tests dont always have that level of infomation on them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.