Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Exam Pressure - ex trying to bring me down watch

Two months ago, I had ended a toxic relationship with my girlfriend. She was disrespecting me and just left me hanging as she lost feelings for me which hurt. But right now, I feel soo much pressure to beat my ex in exams as she's getting better grades than she first did at the beginning of the year. When I got with her, I had committed my self to help her to get the best possible grades as she got D's and E's and to now having C/B grades and getting near to A grades. It makes me feel down as she's so determined to beat me. I just feel a mix of emotions right now. I feel used and it affects my self worth. What can I do to not let this bother me? I really want the best possible grades but having this sense of competition, I feel compelled to overwork etc.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Honestly focus on your own work and do the best you can. The competition is something that you choose and so you cna decide not to compete if you dont wnat to. Its silly, especially if its detrimental . To do otherwise is dumb.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Honestly focus on your own work and do the best you can. The competition is something that you choose and so you cna decide not to compete if you dont wnat to. Its silly, especially if its detrimental . To do otherwise is dumb.
    I don't wish to compete in it. And you're right. There's only a few months left anyways, just have to do my best of my abilities.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.