Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I recently realised i'd made a mistake applying for 2016 entry as I really can't imagine going to uni this september. I now want to try and defer entry to 2017 and take a gap year.
    However i was wondering when you need to book volunteering projects etc and if i was already too late?

thx
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by elenaxxx)
    Hey,
    I recently realised i'd made a mistake applying for 2016 entry as I really can't imagine going to uni this september. I now want to try and defer entry to 2017 and take a gap year.
    However i was wondering when you need to book volunteering projects etc and if i was already too late?

thx
    It shouldnt be too late at all, you can apply for volunteering projects for next summer later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It shouldnt be too late at all, you can apply for volunteering projects for next summer later on.
    how long in advance do you usually have to apply for volunteering projects?
    most websites i looked at didn't say... is it 3 months or 6 or more?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by elenaxxx)
    how long in advance do you usually have to apply for volunteering projects?
    most websites i looked at didn't say... is it 3 months or 6 or more?
    I think ones like ics are around 6 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I think ones like ics are around 6 months
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You're deffo not still too late, there are tons which are still available to book places for, I'm taking a gap year and have known for a while and I still haven't booked onto anything, I think it's just whether or not some programs are popular or not, but most are probs still available

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.