Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should religious organizations be banned from university campus? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Should religious clubs, societies, organizations and paraphernalia be banned from university campuses? Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    *gets popcorn*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No
    They may have stupid and incoherent arguments and stances but they are entitled to their opinion.

Not a big fan of safe spaces...

ReputationRep:
    I mean, let alone religious groupings, any ideological grouping would be suspicious and scary.

Any group should be allowed but should be open to supervision, otherwise they should screw off if what they have is worth hiding. If one has nothing to hide, they should be allowed to continue their activities.

Now, I've never lived outside the muslim world (visited Germany for 3 weeks though a la medical reasons), but when I hear stories of Friday Prayer halls closing down I'm like "Um...just supervise them. Let them do their thing, but the campus moderators should supervise them as they wish. Problem Solved.". If those muslims aren't ready for supervision, then honestly they deserve it, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    *gets popcorn*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no this thread was a flop..

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.