A Level Physics

Watch this thread
11LOrmston
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm moving into Sixth Form next year and I'm contemplating on studying A Level Physics. I'm going to be studying A Level Maths for definite and I think that this would quite benefit however I'm worried it may become too difficult. Is A Level Physics very mathematics orientated or is it a mixture of both Math and Science? Anyone who is studying A Level Physics, should I choose this as an A Level?
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I find maths easier than physics, physics is hard for me because that is because I don't spend enough time on it. I do think though having maths has helped me figure out to understand the maths in physics though.
fhm97
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 11LOrmston)
I'm moving into Sixth Form next year and I'm contemplating on studying A Level Physics. I'm going to be studying A Level Maths for definite and I think that this would quite benefit however I'm worried it may become too difficult. Is A Level Physics very mathematics orientated or is it a mixture of both Math and Science? Anyone who is studying A Level Physics, should I choose this as an A Level?
The maths in A level physics is actually much easier than A Level Maths. So if you do it the maths part should not be the problem. The hardest part is understanding and that might take a while. But I suggest that you take it if you think you will enjoy it also you probably should look through the specification some topics you might hate and find really hard others might be really easy.
Meriadoc
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Your best bet for getting a feel for how much maths content there is would probably to look at some of the past papers online and see what proportion of the questions are maths-based. I did Physics, Maths and Further Maths A-levels and there was considerable overlap between maths mechanics modules and physics, so it's worth having a look at whether your sixth form offers mechanics modules, as doing the same stuff in maths and physics can make your life quite a bit easier.

The two subjects certainly complement each other, although overall I would say that maths helps with physics more than physics helps with maths. If you are able to do the maths in maths (particularly mechanics) then the maths parts of physics shouldn't really be much of a problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads