The Student Room Group

Pregnant Woman Shot 15 Times by Israeli Forces

Scroll to see replies

Of course.
Telesurv
However, Israeli police claim the woman was holding a knife and was rapidly walking toward police and other Israeli security personnel in a vehicles-only lane at the Qalandia checkpoint outside Jerusalem.

I hardly see that as "without cause".
Original post by Camila Cabello
Shooting a heavily pregnant woman 15 times because she is walking toward you with what you suspect is a knife is not a proportionate response and should be condemned unequivocally.

we'll tackle this a bit at a time

but firstly how did they know she was 'heavily pregnant'?
Original post by joey11223
I suppose they'd be weary for it being a suicide bomber? (I'm unsure how often suicide bombings occur in this region tbh).

There was one only a week before.

This is about the 20th such attack (single\couple armed individuals with a knife) in about 7 months
Israel gonna Israel
Original post by Impressive
No warning shots? Just like that?

Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"It was also found that a policeman who was standing nearby at the checkpoint followed standard arrest procedure in these circumstances by firing into the air."
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.718192
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Miss me yet?

Original post by Impressive
No warning shots? Just like that?

Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may shout a verbal warning, but I don't think it's professional to give warning shots.

Original post by lolatmaths
Israel just makes my blood boil. Disgusting and illegal establishment.

I don't condone everything that Israel does, however it does have a right to exist.

Original post by lolatmaths
Oh shut up you israeli sympathiser. No one apart from the jews are on their side.

There's nothing wrong with being an Israeli sympathiser. And I think you'll find that it isn't just the Jews who recognise Israel and that support it.
Original post by sdotd
She had a knife. The police did what they had to do

15 times apparently.
Apologist.
Original post by BaconandSauce
but firstly how did they know she was 'heavily pregnant'?

"Her father says she was waiting for the results of a pregnancy test"
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.718036
May Allah be with them all. #FreePalestine
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Palestine isn't a country so how can Israel have illegal settlements???

You think there arent illegal settlements jews occupy?
Original post by Jebedee
Apparently she was walking towards them with a knife... if that is the case it is her fault.

wow!! Please read the article before you comment.
'A Palestinian local and witness to the incident, Ahmad Taha, told the Ma’an news agency that Israeli officers approached the two after they had been shot before opening fire on them again “to ensure that they were dead,” adding the officers “could have moved the two away without opening fire.” Taha also claimed the officers planted knives on the scene'
Original post by sdotd

A Palestinian local and witness to the incident, Ahmad Taha, told the Ma’an news agency that Israeli officers approached the two after they had been shot before opening fire on them again “to ensure that they were dead,” adding the officers “could have moved the two away without opening fire.” Taha also claimed the officers planted knives on the scene.
Reply 54
Original post by Camila Cabello
This is nothing new from Israel. Occupying land illegally and subjecting Palestinians to a daily routine of poverty and sadistic control.

Shooting a pregnant civilian 15 times is just another day in the life for those subject to forced Israeli rule. All this whilst the world watches on and funds Israel with nuclear submarines and vetos any UN Security Council Resolution condemning their war-crimes.

Horrifyingly sad. Anyone with a conscience should be saddened by this news.

I agree with you. Very disgusting.
Original post by admonit
"Her father says she was waiting for the results of a pregnancy test"
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.718036

The term used was 'heavily pregnant'

again I ask how does the poster know they knew this fact.
Original post by ShiningNights
wow!! Please read the article before you comment.
'A Palestinian local and witness to the incident, Ahmad Taha, told the Ma’an news agency that Israeli officers approached the two after they had been shot before opening fire on them again “to ensure that they were dead,” adding the officers “could have moved the two away without opening fire.” Taha also claimed the officers planted knives on the scene'

Clamed

is that it :biggrin:

I have a bridge for sale if you are interested
Original post by sdotd

lmao, you disgust me.
Reply 58
The term used was 'heavily pregnant'

again I ask how does the poster know they knew this fact.

Is that all you care about? Proving the fact that she may or may not have been heavily pregnant.
I feel sympathy for you.
Clamed

is that it :biggrin:

I have a bridge for sale if you are interested

What is clamed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending