Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I was working at a really big company last summer as an engineering intern. I hated the job so much and it made me so depressed, I couldn't stay there any longer and I quit - I gave 1 week noticed as per the contract. I left on good terms with my manager, I explained him my situation, he said if I need a recommendation, they will say good things about me.

Well because it's such a big company, I'm interested in applying for a job in leadership/marketing in the US or even UK, but not to that site.

Do you think I have any chance at this company in the future? I'm not asking for any judgements, just if I should give my time for this or not.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by y0_3mma)
    Okay, so I was working at a really big company last summer as an engineering intern. I hated the job so much and it made me so depressed, I couldn't stay there any longer and I quit - I gave 1 week noticed as per the contract. I left on good terms with my manager, I explained him my situation, he said if I need a recommendation, they will say good things about me.

Well because it's such a big company, I'm interested in applying for a job in leadership/marketing in the US or even UK, but not to that site.

Do you think I have any chance at this company in the future? I'm not asking for any judgements, just if I should give my time for this or not.
    You don't know until you apply. If there is an option to state whether or not have you previously worked there, and it links back to your old manager who will give you a recommendation, then that may even help your application.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes, bit you need to make sure your answers assist rather than hinder.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.