Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My driving instructor is good during the lessons and really calm and helpful however he turns up late quite a lot and never makes up the time and makes me pay for a full lesson. He also never replies to his texts quickly e.g. I texted him on Thursday morning and its now Saturday night and he hasn't text me back.

Is this normal for driving instructors and is it me expecting too much or should I look into getting a new instructor?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Vickyc16xx)
    My driving instructor is good during the lessons and really calm and helpful however he turns up late quite a lot and never makes up the time and makes me pay for a full lesson. He also never replies to his texts quickly e.g. I texted him on Thursday morning and its now Saturday night and he hasn't text me back.

Is this normal for driving instructors and is it me expecting too much or should I look into getting a new instructor?
    If it were me, I'd probably look to change instructor. Although he's good, there are also other good instructors out there who're much more reliable... Mine was great, never missed a lesson, and was only late about once, and I think that was by about 5 minutes...

Have you told him your concerns about it at all, or has he just not done anything about it when you've told him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    If it were me, I'd probably look to change instructor. Although he's good, there are also other good instructors out there who're much more reliable... Mine was great, never missed a lesson, and was only late about once, and I think that was by about 5 minutes...

Have you told him your concerns about it at all, or has he just not done anything about it when you've told him?
    I have not told him as i dont want to be rude. Thank you for the reply
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Vickyc16xx)
    I have not told him as i dont want to be rude. Thank you for the reply
    Fair enough! Well, it sounds as though it's at the point of kind of hampering your learning, so just politely tell him if it were me, and see what he says... He might have a legitimate reason, but if you're wasting your money, then you should find someone who doesn't waste your money and time!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.