Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British Navy Officer joins ISIS, sparks fears of new terror dynamic. Watch

ReputationRep:
    EDIT; He wasn't in the Royal navy, he was a British naval officer. The things he learnt about would have been extensive, but geared towards commercial shipping. In order to get a job on a commercial boat you need to be specifically qualified, in many ways it's worse, ISIS wouldn't want to attack the Royal Navy, but a cruise liner, well this guy knows everything they need to know, or an oil tanker.

A navy officer has run off to join ISIS, sparking fears that with the extensive knowledge of ships taught to him at a prestigious naval college ISIS might begin targeting commercial ships or performing large scale terror attacks by targeting oil tankers.

"Defense experts warned last night that 28-year-old Ali Alosaimi’s high-level skills and exhaustive knowledge of the nation’s shipping fleet represented a terrifying security threat. Having already targeted passenger jets, there has long been concern that militants will try to bring terror to the seas by attacking ships and ferries."

Just another example of how highly our hospitality is valued, the knowledge and education that we are providing is directly to blame for the high profile organised rise of ISIS. Just another discrepancy with the narrative we are are fed, poverty doesn't cause this, education isn't the key, and when the shoe is on the other foot I am pretty sure tolerance and minority rights will go straight out the window.

. Name:  33F034EC00000578-0-image-a-3_1462652916837.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  31.9 KB

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oins-ISIS.html

ReputationRep:
    What will the sentence be in a court martial for such a case?

ReputationRep:
    How can the British army defend the British people when terror sleepers inside it?

ReputationRep:
    inb4 "its the Daily Mail it must be 100% false"

I find it rather ironic how there's been some recent controversy over the small number of Muslims in the armed forces, and one of the few who have been in it are now in ISIS :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    What will the sentence be in a court martial for such a case?
    Life in prison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    How can the British army defend the British people when terror sleepers inside it?
    British naval officer, he wasn't in the British Royal navy............ I concede it's badly worded lol.

He went to a British school the teachers people everything they need to know about maritime practices, probably worse in some respects than him having went to the Royal Navy, because it teaches him everything about commercial shipping. I doubt ISIS would want to attack an aircraft carrier, but a passenger ship...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Life in prison
    Which in the bizarre UK judicial system means a few years

ReputationRep:
    Doubt one low level officer is going to change anything, probably wasn't very good at his job to begin with if he defected to ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    British naval officer, he wasn't in the British Royal navy............ I concede it's badly worded lol.

He went to a British school the teachers people everything they need to know about maritime practices, probably worse in some respects than him having went to the Royal Navy, because it teaches him everything about commercial shipping. I doubt ISIS would want to attack an aircraft carrier, but a passenger ship...........
    Oh, sorry. I got it wrong by thinking he is in the british marines.

Anyway he is another filure. Britain gave him alll what he needed and than he thanks the kufrs by joining ISIS. One more failures of multiculturalism and the UK should bann immigration for the next 50 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Life in prison
    More like a 5 bed house in Ealing, £26k a year basic and some counselling to help him deal with the issues from racism from the white men who extradited him.

ReputationRep:
    How did I know it was the Daily Heil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    I know you're a troll (and an entertaining one at that; I like your work) but I'm going to play here for the benefit of other people who earnestly say dumb stuff like "ah it's the Daily Mail, can't be true" and blah blah because there are actually some mongs who genuinely think like that.

Let's say for argument's sake it's true. Do you expect The Guardian to report such things?

ReputationRep:
    The left have already started their defence:

#IslamIsTheReligionOfPeace
    #IslamIsTolerant
    #NotARealMuslim
    #AllMuslimsArePeaceful
    #HeIsAWesternInformant
    #HeIsAnIsraeliInformant
    #IslamIsBeautiful
    #MuslimsAreTheRealVictims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    It's been validated by the government and MOD so what's the problem?

Oh I know, it's making Islam look bad and you don't like your religion looking bad. Boo-hoo

ReputationRep:
    that's scary for us british people.
    i'm a british muslim.
    should i be banned from a government job?

ReputationRep:

this experienced Captain has not been seen for some time. he has unique knowledge and skills which could be useful to the Caliphate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.