x Turn on thread page Beta

What can a Nutritionist potentially earn? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all tbf.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on several issues i know 2 nutritionists
    one works with in a local gym and makes about £25,000 a year
    the other works for a client of mine and she only works for him and his family and gets £120,000 a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    it depends on several issues i know 2 nutritionists
    one works with in a local gym and makes about £25,000 a year
    the other works for a client of mine and she only works for him and his family and gets £120,000 a year
    120k? How

ReputationRep:
    I've heard £25,000-£35,000 touted. I'm liking the sound of that.

Although my take on it is the holistic health industry is an ever growing market in this day and age.

Surely the potential of the populace getting health conscious, accompanying hard work can result in great earnings?

I'm also assuming working at a high level in the sporting world (football) would be a lucrative job.

Just thought I'd ask the question as it's something I'm passionate about! The more money the merrier, passion and love aside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackbuddyolboy)
    I've heard £25,000-£35,000 touted. I'm liking the sound of that.

Although my take on it is the holistic health industry is an ever growing market in this day and age.

Surely the potential of the populace getting health conscious, accompanying hard work can result in great earnings?

I'm also assuming working at a high level in the sporting world (football) would be a lucrative job.

Just thought I'd ask the question as it's something I'm passionate about! The more money the merrier, passion and love aside.
    Whatever you do, don't get involved in MLM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    120k? How
    this guy i won't use names but he's a film director and makes £10M in a good year

ReputationRep:
    Depends how good at conning people you are. Gillian McKeith is pretty rich. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree.

You can't call yourselfs a Nutritionist of worth based on no experience and/ qualification.

Learning the chemistry on a base level in relationship to how each nutrient responds in the body on genetic and cellular level will ultimately result in a positive outcome for the customer.

Going to a person who hasn't had any training, qualification or experience and expecting to see results is like learning bodybuilding from someone who's never entered the gym.

Ultimately, it's a rewarding job as it empowers the people. People go away with a better physique. People go away with the knowledge in relation to how food interracts with your mental wellbeing, resulting in happier and healthier people.

You are what you eat after all, put unleaded in a diesel car and it isn't going to run properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackbuddyolboy)
    Disagree.

You can't call yourselfs a Nutritionist of worth based on no experience and/ qualification.
    Unfortunately you can. 'Nutritionist' isn't a protected title. I could start calling myself one tomorrow if I wanted.

You might be thinking of a dietitian. This is a protected title, meaning only people who are accredited with the Health and Care Professions Council (meaning they've done a properly vetted course in dietetics) are able to use it. If you want to work in the NHS or any other reputable organisation, you need a dietetics qualification and the professional registration to go with it. 'Nutritionist' qualifications aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.