Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Those religious dogmas were around long before HIV. A more generally accepted socio-biological cause for the veneration of marriage is male control of female sexuality, resulting from evolutionary adaptations that would have originally increased mens chances of successfully reproducing. Hence the greater seriousness attributed to female adultery than male.
    I agree completely. I mean when it was introduced marrying a virgin was a sure fire way to ensure any children from that union were yours.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read all of this thread, because I have a life, but the first 8 pages is primarely focused on females losing their virginity before marriage, is this an insinuation that it's ok for males to have sex before marriage and not women? Why is it that Girl A was called a slapper while most males have sex with numerous amounts of women and get praised for it? I lost my virginity before I was married with the person I married does that make me a slapper? How can you justify a slapper because she wanted experience before she got married to make that all enjoyable nuptial night even more enjoyable and not painful.

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone try to answer the above ques??!!

also can someone please explain why all guys have such a big thing about their girlfriend/brides virginity? surely the sex is all the same, first time or not, the same thing happens.why is being a girl's first guy so important to a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    Do you believe that people should not have sex before marriage?
    What age do you think is legal for someone to have sex?
    again remember -its not sex before marriage if youve got no intention in getting married in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    again remember -its not sex before marriage if youve got no intention in getting married in the first place
    Arrrgghhh ! A sinner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    you are clearly going to be spending your future salary supporting the 5673223 children you never knew you had. clearly i should find you a nice russian bride on ebay (no offence to russians).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    you are clearly going to be spending your future salary supporting the 5673223 children you never knew you had. clearly i should find you a nice russian bride on ebay (no offence to russians).
    Why would that be? Some people just don't want to get married it doesn't mean that they won't be in long term commited relationships.

ReputationRep:
    isnt the whole point of being in a long term relationship that one day you might get married? and so surely then you should wait?

but i really dont get why womans virginity is so important to a guy?

ReputationRep:
    isnt the whole point of being in a long term relationship that one day you might get married? and so surely then you should wait?
    Not really, some people don't want to get married at all they can be in a seriously relationship for years and never get married.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Not really, some people don't want to get married at all they can be in a seriously relationship for years and never get married.
    It's not really advisable to get married if you have studied family law so I'm told, but that depends on which gender you are

As many people have said, it's only a bit of paper [the marriage certificate].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It's not really advisable to get married if you have studied family law so I'm told, but that depends on which gender you are

As many people have said, it's only a bit of paper [the marriage certificate].
    I personally want to get married before I have kids and I think it is a bad thing that family law discriminates against non married couples I can understand people not wanting to get married because of the religious origins of it. If they are atnti religion they may not want to get married.

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe that people should not have sex before marriage?
    What age do you think is legal for someone to have sex?
    Premarital sex.. sure its alright before marriage.. AS LONG AS protection is used.. we don't want any "un-legit" children now do we? *rolls eyes* how cruel.

It is legal for someone to have sex at any age as long as they concent. I mean.. who are we to say when someone we don't even know is supposed to have sex or not? Again.. as long as protection is used.. and they know the risks.. its their decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    who are we to say when someone we don't even know is supposed to have sex or not?
    People have but with mentally handicapped, usually it's the unloving parents of the mentally handicapped who try to curb their rights ebcause it's a burden upon them. Tough, that's life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    People have but with mentally handicapped, usually it's the unloving parents of the mentally handicapped who try to curb their rights ebcause it's a burden upon them. Tough, that's life.
    Well with mentally handicapped people it makes sense that they would try and prevent them from reproducing because their children have more of a chance to become handicapped as well. yes?

ReputationRep:
    apparantly, aids etc is not 100% prevented by using a condom, was on TV but i dont see how this is. surely this fear is enough to wait?

ReputationRep:
    apparantly, aids etc is not 100% prevented by using a condom, was on TV but i dont see how this is. surely this fear is enough to wait?
    i am pretty sure that if used correctly they are 100% protection (meaning if they don't split). Some christian organisations have been using this message as a scare tactic.

ReputationRep:
    Scenario: a girl (girl a) at the age of 16, always went to night clubs regularly and had one night stands. she said she wanted to have as much sex as possible before she settles for a family-enjoy life whilst young.
    her friend (girl b) was also 16 and was still a virgin. she said she wanted to lose her virginity to someone she loved and spend the rest of her life with.

What are your views on girl a and girl b?
    If they were both happy with their way of life and have made these choices based on their own morality, my views on both of them would be the same.

But if girl A had chosen to do that because of some self esteem issue, or girl B was only waiting because she couldn't get any anyway, i would think differently of them

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly, AIDs is prevented if a condom is used and it doesn't split or anything, but there are several other equally serious STDs which condoms can't offer protection against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    If I remember correctly, AIDs is prevented if a condom is used and it doesn't split or anything, but there are several other equally serious STDs which condoms can't offer protection against.
    no if the woman is virgin and the man has any cuts/sores/splits in tissues around the genitals, the blood to blood contact if you are too rough, not in the condom area can exchange thus causing aids.

anyone find the sex ed in schools totally crap? i never learned about how to use a condom, or about STDs at all! which is why my naivety means i should wait until someone knows better than me! ne1 think better ed means fewer teen pregnancies?i dont see how it'd help

ReputationRep:
    Sex before marriage! Being gay I have no other choice really! Unless they changed the law and let me marry then I'd say 'No Sex Before Marriage'

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.