Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    Sex before marriage! Being gay I have no other choice really! Unless they changed the law and let me marry then I'd say 'No Sex Before Marriage'
    ur only 18 and your saying your gay...........

ReputationRep:
    Is it not a case now that there is no need to "control" female fertility -as an increase in males have very low sperm counts?!

Why not let people make their own minds up about sex and marriage?!
    The thought of staying with someone you don't connect with is awful for both males and females considering the link between stress and sex, as documented in all of the papers this week!

16 as legal is reasonable, but why worry about this?!- What about better laws involving rape!? And more support for rape victims?- That is something that needs to be seriously considered with the increase in date rape.

ReputationRep:
    ok its been a very long time since I have written anything in here.... but anyways sex before marrage right or wrong, in my religion it says its wrong but then again I'm not a very close follower of my religion so thats out, but honestly I think its the person(s) choice weather to have sex or not. I think as long as they are ready for the next step in their relationship, and they both feel the same way about each other, and they know all the possiblities its ok. But there shouldn't be any pressure between the two meaning one person should pressure the other into having it, bc then the relationship is wrong.
    about the concent age if the person is ready to have sex go for it, but they need to know all the possibliteis and understand them b4 they have sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman663j7)
    ok its been a very long time since I have written anything in here.... but anyways sex before marrage right or wrong, in my religion it says its wrong but then again I'm not a very close follower of my religion so thats out, but honestly I think its the person(s) choice weather to have sex or not. I think as long as they are ready for the next step in their relationship, and they both feel the same way about each other, and they know all the possiblities its ok. But there shouldn't be any pressure between the two meaning one person should pressure the other into having it, bc then the relationship is wrong.
    about the concent age if the person is ready to have sex go for it, but they need to know all the possibliteis and understand them b4 they have sex.
    good point however weather is spelt whether in the context you're using and concent is spelt consent sorry to be a pedant but bad spelling annoys me. personally i think sex before marriage is fine as long as you use protection kids!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    good point however weather is spelt whether in the context you're using and concent is spelt consent sorry to be a pedant but bad spelling annoys me. personally i think sex before marriage is fine as long as you use protection kids!!
    lol whoops I wasn't thinking, I guess its bc I didn't go to bed till 5 this morning and I've been up since 8 so that could be it. Well that and I am really bad at spelling and grammer

ReputationRep:
    Poor punctuation doesn't annoy you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    Why is that surprising. I am sure that you knew that you knew and you were telling people that you were strait (I am guessing you are) from quite an early age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Why is that surprising. I am sure that you knew that you knew and you were telling people that you were strait (I am guessing you are) from quite an early age.
    I always wonder whether I should ignore or correct people with prejustice opinions about homosexuality. Anyways, I agree fully with you. If you can know your straight at 18 it is certainly possible to know you are gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    your point is valid but it is suprising because u r quite young and its like at that age ur just getting to know yourself even more and you havent really had enough time to experiment.

ReputationRep:
    your point is valid but it is suprising because u r quite young and its like at that age ur just getting to know yourself even more and you havent really had enough time to experiment.
    Do you have to "experiment" in order to know you are straight? What are you sugesting , that everyone shoudl go try out both heterosexual and homosexual relationships before making up their mind? Try to just turn your ideas around and you are quite likely to detect it if theres any inconsistency in them. A homosexual knows he/she is gay exactly teh same way a heterosexual knows he/she is straight.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, not entirely convinced that all gay people just know that they're gay. There's a lot of confusion to be had about sexuality, sometimes it does take a bit of experimentation to figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Poor punctuation doesn't annoy you?
    what's wrong with the punctuation apart from the lack of capitals?

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually sweet 16…nearly 17! I don't know why people think that you have to be x years old before they know that they’re gay! I have always known that I have been gay from an early age.

I'm out and proud of it! However I think it’s wrong that people can say that you’re too young to know if you’re gay! It's acceptable to believe that heterosexuals know at 16,17 or 18 if they heterosexual, but homosexuals have to wait a bit longer do they?.

Would you deny somebody the right to live their life how they see fit? Would you make people suppress their true identity and sit on the fence a little longer till they're old enough?

I also detest the way you say 'you should experiment' to see for sure!

For me sex is the most intimate thing that you can do to show that you love them. So I think it’s a horrendous idea to suggest that you should just have sex with a women who you are not attracted to and don't love just to make sure.

Would you suggest that I throw away my virginity just to check? Make a mockery of the whole concept sex just to see?

You speak of sex like it’s just a random thing, as if it means nothing but a bit of fun! For me it’s about love, and so I’d only loose my virginity when I want, and to whom I want! Not just shag someone who I don’t like just to check because you think I’m to young.

ReputationRep:
    what's wrong with the punctuation apart from the lack of capitals?
    There's a bit more than just lack of capitals wrong with it if you really wanted to know. Your paragraph should look like the one below.

Good point. However, weather is spelt whether in the context you're using and concent is spelt consent. Sorry to be a pedant but bad spelling annoys me. Personally I think sex before marriage is fine as long as you use protection kids!!

Now that is being a pedant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    There's a bit more than just lack of capitals wrong with it if you really wanted to know. Your paragraph should look like the one below.

Good point. However, weather is spelt whether in the context you're using and concent is spelt consent. Sorry to be a pedant but bad spelling annoys me. Personally I think sex before marriage is fine as long as you use protection kids!!

Now that is being a pedant!
    .... you have way too much time on your hands

ReputationRep:
    .... you have way too much time on your hands
    pissed off that sum 1 has had a go at ur grammar? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyHappyEnding)
    pissed off that sum 1 has had a go at ur grammar? lol
    shush furtherest boy

ReputationRep:
    lol i dont care where u obviously do!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyHappyEnding)
    lol i dont care where u obviously do!!
    Well yes it does matter to me that I don't come across as illeterate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Do you have to "experiment" in order to know you are straight?
    no im just trying to say that you need toget to know yourself more.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.