Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toyosi)
    Hmm, not entirely convinced that all gay people just know that they're gay. There's a lot of confusion to be had about sexuality, sometimes it does take a bit of experimentation to figure it out.
    thankyous...........at least someome agrees with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    I'm actually sweet 16…nearly 17! I don't know why people think that you have to be x years old before they know that they’re gay! I have always known that I have been gay from an early age.
    I'm out and proud of it! However I think it’s wrong that people can say that you’re too young to know if you’re gay! It's acceptable to believe that heterosexuals know at 16,17 or 18 if they heterosexual, but homosexuals have to wait a bit longer do they?.
    I did not say you have to be a particular age to know that you are gay, i was just suprised that some one at that young age should say that they are gay.
    I also detest the way you say 'you should experiment' to see for sure!
    now hold on i did not say that in those words----i just think that it is just abit of an early age that someone should say something like that.
    For me sex is the most intimate thing that you can do to show that you love them. So I think it’s a horrendous idea to suggest that you should just have sex with a women who you are not attracted to and don't love just to make sure.
    that was not my idea...
    Would you suggest that I throw away my virginity just to check? Make a mockery of the whole concept sex just to see?
    Certainly not---when i say experiment i dont mean have sex, i meant to find out about yourself more.
    You speak of sex like it’s just a random thing, as if it means nothing but a bit of fun! For me it’s about love, and so I’d only loose my virginity when I want, and to whom I want! Not just shag someone who I don’t like just to check because you think I’m to young.
    i do not speak of sex like is a random thing, i also think of sex as a intimate thing, and i do not think that it should be for fun (e.g. one nights stands). you interpreted what i said incorrectly.
    Now im not against gay people, i actually find them quite fun & entertaining i was just making a point to a someone that 18 was a rather young age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    I always wonder whether I should ignore or correct people with prejustice opinions about homosexuality. Anyways, I agree fully with you. If you can know your straight at 18 it is certainly possible to know you are gay.
    Excuse me sir.........that was not a prejudice opinion, it was MY opinion, i was just suprised that someone at that age could say that.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for misunderstanding you! It was just when you said 'you haven’t really had enough time to experiment' I though you were referring to intimacy with somebody else, and not to discovering your true self and exploring your soul.

I don't think it is too you to know if your gay or not. I agree with what you say about discovering yourself though. I think it's fundamental to your development as an adolescent.

I also like the fact you mention 'one night stands'. Personally I think that they are awful and grotesque. It makes a mockery of the whole idea and principle of sex.

It's also nice that you like gay people and understand that we are fun and entertaining. But you missed out the fact that we’re sweet, polite and innocent hehe

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for misunderstanding you! It was just when you said 'you haven’t really had enough time to experiment' I though you were referring to intimacy with somebody else, and not to discovering your true self and exploring your soul.

I don't think it is too you to know if your gay or not. I agree with what you say about discovering yourself though. I think it's fundamental to your development as an adolescent.

I also like the fact you mention 'one night stands'. Personally I think that they are awful and grotesque. It makes a mockery of the whole idea and principle of sex.

It's also nice that you like gay people and understand that we are fun and entertaining. But you missed out the fact that we’re sweet, polite and innocent hehe
    thank you for understanding.
    i will like to add the fact that gay people are not only fun and entertaining but they are also sweet, polite and innocent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    thank you for understanding.
    i will like to add the fact that gay people are not only fun and entertaining but they are also sweet, polite and innocent
    Ah! Good Boy. You learn fast!

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Good Boy. You learn fast!
    im not a boy....

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Good girl! You learn fast!

ReputationRep:
    I Must so no one must sex before the Merriage because its not good to do by medical point of too.

ReputationRep:
    I believe marriage is the best show of love you can ever do. its not just 'a piece of paper', its a public sign of affection, as well as giving an identity to you as a couple.

However, marriage should not be a spur of the moment thing. A lot of thought should be given beforehand. Do u want to put yourself through the pain of divorce?

I think its important to know ur partner inside out before hand. I think it is necessary to live together for a while beforehand, and yes have sex. why? Because how they live and theyre sexual behaviour are a part of them. You would not marry them if u did not know their personality, or normally wat they looked like, so why neglet this part of them to know about until its 'too late'.

having said this, I think u shouldnt just sleep about, u should keep it to people you feel you are in love with, sumthings should be kept special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andi_bhatti)
    I Must so no one must sex before the Merriage because its not good to do by medical point of too.
    Surely you are refering more to haveing lots of partners and being unprotected rather than haveing sex outside of marriage. I am yet to see any evidence that sleeping with one long term partner before marriage is any medically worse than sleeping with your husband/wife after marriage.

ReputationRep:
    i think that YOU should know whether sex before marriage is right. if you feel uncomfortable, scared of any consequences such as pregnancy or your family finding out, then don't do it. if you're willing to take the risk and feel alright about it go ahead.

and if you're 40 years old and you're not married yet, well it doesn't seem so bad right?

ReputationRep:
    who cares ? what happens when your married and goin in to the bedroom and you dont know what to do!
    its stupid ose it when you ready and with the right person!
    omg what happens if you never get a husband?
    a virgin for life?
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    who cares ? what happens when your married and goin in to the bedroom and you dont know what to do!
    a virgin for life?
    I can think of worse things that can happen to a person :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lothlorien)
    Well yes, they could be crushed to death by a flatulent warthog I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lothlorien)
    Yeah but it isn't exactly something that you would want to happen is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    a virgin for life?
    Well I am sure the catholic nuns among others virgins would feel offended. Ok they never marry but devote their time and life to God. Cool. Then you have people who wait until marriage either due to faith or because of personal reasons and convictions. Fair enough. And then you have people who just wait for the right person and time. Fine.

That just shows that they have each made choices which are right for them. Not everybody is gonna agree with you on the somewhat hysterical remark that a virgin for life is end of life. I think its about respecting what people want for themselves. We are all different after all.

The right person is a very big deal. I would say, in most cases. Being comfortable with your choice in life is a big thing instead of falling for peer pressure or because you set some deadline on it. And figuring out about the birds and the bees, is not the toughest task. Its a basic and natural instinct. You just know. Come on even kids know nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andi_bhatti)
    What medical point?

"no one must" almost implies that you think that. Surely you can agree that not everybody thinks like you. "must" is not part of the issue. It's a choice really.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.