Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else absolutely sh-Ing themselves for the AS Level exams?

I'm not "winging it", as such, I have done revision and am continuing to do so, but I could've done so, so much more..

I'm so scared I'm literally in tears, I'm only so worried because I have high expectations of myself (and my family have them too), and I want a good grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

If you've done revision, then you shouldn't really be so worried about not doing well. Try not to panic about the exams, you can only do your best, and worrying won't help anything :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hiya!

If you've done revision, then you shouldn't really be so worried about not doing well. Try not to panic about the exams, you can only do your best, and worrying won't help anything :hugs:
    Thanks, I know I can only try my best but I've not done because I could've done more revision, you know? What level education are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahmejacks)
    Thanks, I know I can only try my best but I've not done because I could've done more revision, you know? What level education are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you mean, but all you can do now is make the most of the remaining time before the exams. Don't stress about what you could've done, you can't get that time back so there's no point worrying about it (although I know that's easier said than done!).

I'm on a gap year right now, I completed my A Levels last year

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what are your alevels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanystephens)
    Hey, what are your alevels?
    Spanish, Sociology, Music Tech and EngLang

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, but all you can do now is make the most of the remaining time before the exams. Don't stress about what you could've done, you can't get that time back so there's no point worrying about it (although I know that's easier said than done!).

I'm on a gap year right now, I completed my A Levels last year
    How did they go? and how was your nerves leading up to them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did they go? and how was your nerves leading up to them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most of my exams went quite well, I got ABB in the end!

My nerves actually weren't too bad, honestly! I think that by the time my A Level exams came around, I'd already done so many with my GCSEs, that they didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. I just went and tried my best, and accepted that that was all I could do

I did start to struggle towards the end of my exams though, and I had a hard time with the final 1 or 2. I'd found one of the exams for my best subject really tough, and that totally knocked my confidence! So then I felt nervous for the rest of them, but things didn't turn out too badly in the end
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to think of it in terms of doing your best between now and the end of the exam. You can think about what you didnt do long after the exams, but for now, worrying will not get you extra marks.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my exams went quite well, I got ABB in the end!

My nerves actually weren't too bad, honestly! I think that by the time my A Level exams came around, I'd already done so many with my GCSEs, that they didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. I just went and tried my best, and accepted that that was all I could do

I did start to struggle towards the end of my exams though, and I had a hard time with the final 1 or 2. I'd found one of the exams for my best subject really tough, and that totally knocked my confidence! So then I felt nervous for the rest of them, but things didn't turn out too badly in the end
    That's really good, good for you. Are you at UNI now? I have my sociology tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You need to think of it in terms of doing your best between now and the end of the exam. You can think about what you didnt do long after the exams, but for now, worrying will not get you extra marks.
    Good idea, thank you haha I've got this inkling I'm going to have to resit the year but hey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's really good, good for you. Are you at UNI now? I have my sociology tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I'm on a gap year currently, I decided at the last minute that I wasn't ready for uni last year. Best of luck for your sociology exam!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.