Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im currently finishing yr13 and my mind is merely focused on starting at uni. I will study Economics in Portugal or Italy, and i would like to know which books you would recommend to read over the summer in order to improve my knowledge and make university and easier ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gonzalo.mr)
    Hi, im currently finishing yr13 and my mind is merely focused on starting at uni. I will study Economics in Portugal or Italy, and i would like to know which books you would recommend to read over the summer in order to improve my knowledge and make university and easier ride.
    What I used, and what a lot of other top British Economics courses teach in first/second year is based heavily on core textbooks such as Mankiw's Macroeconomics and Varian's Intermediate microeconomics
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Gonzalo.mr)
    I think you should just relax and enjoy your summer. You'll have your whole university to study and improve your economics knowledge.

If you're hard pressed, then ensure your A-Level Maths is up to scratch, as economics makes heavy use of calculus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.