Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was looking over Higher Physics Revised Higher and Old Higher past papers and seemingly I'm not scoring well in any of them. In multiple choice type of questions, particles & waves and electricity I have a good understanding and seem to score fairly well in them topics/questions.

However the topic 'Our Dynamic Universe' which is majority of exam- is really tough for me and I clearly don't have a good understanding- I've got the how to pass book but the examples for each question is limited therefore can any of you guys please recommend me a website that gives good information alongside examples for that unit.

Especially the topic projectiles, knowing what is 'u' and 'v' and 's' and is 'a' positive or negative also the horizontal and vertical split diagram- I'm struggling to understand what is what for both of them.
    Please help.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! For future reference, put your questions about higher physics on the official higher physics forum you will get much responses! I used to make my own one and like not get many responses! 😀

This website http://smarshallsay.weebly.com/cfe-higher.html is really good as it gives you summary notes for all the units which are, I think, much better than the class notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiousguy)
    Hello, I was looking over Higher Physics Revised Higher and Old Higher past papers and seemingly I'm not scoring well in any of them. In multiple choice type of questions, particles & waves and electricity I have a good understanding and seem to score fairly well in them topics/questions.

However the topic 'Our Dynamic Universe' which is majority of exam- is really tough for me and I clearly don't have a good understanding- I've got the how to pass book but the examples for each question is limited therefore can any of you guys please recommend me a website that gives good information alongside examples for that unit.

Especially the topic projectiles, knowing what is 'u' and 'v' and 's' and is 'a' positive or negative also the horizontal and vertical split diagram- I'm struggling to understand what is what for both of them.
    Please help.

Thanks in advance!
    U is the initial speed
    V is the final speed
    S is the displacement/distance
    a is acceleration and 9.8m/s^2 is negative

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.