Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I started liking my best friend, didn't end well, and she even led me on. I broke all contact with her. It's been 2 months but I still can't get over her.

I've been concentrating on my studies, spending loads of time with my friends and have met this really nice girl who I will be going out with soon. After she came into my life, my friends have said I'm a lot more happier like my old self. I have started volentreering too, which brings more joy.

However she is still on my mind, and it depresses me. I see her still looking at me at uni. I just don't want anything to do with her, and I want her out of my mind. But my mind refuses to let her go.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    These things take time and it doesn't help if you see them every so often - that's probably why. As you've cut off contact with her it's probably not your fault that you see her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I started liking my best friend, didn't end well, and she even led me on. I broke all contact with her. It's been 2 months but I still can't get over her.

I've been concentrating on my studies, spending loads of time with my friends and have met this really nice girl who I will be going out with soon. After she came into my life, my friends have said I'm a lot more happier like my old self. I have started volentreering too, which brings more joy.

However she is still on my mind, and it depresses me. I see her still looking at me at uni. I just don't want anything to do with her, and I want her out of my mind. But my mind refuses to let her go.
    Maybe she feels the same since she keeps looking at you at uni. I would say falling for your best friend is the worst because before falling for her you've had all these memories with her. Try talking to her, Like be civil with her and just keep your distance though because you don't want to go back to your old self since you've progressed so much.

If you both become friends and are fine with each other it will make you feel comfortable and you won't miss her as much, This new girl give it a try and see how it goes xx
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Nobody likes rejection and turmoil. It takes time and two months isnt much. You are doing the right things though, just be patient.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.