Are these good GCSE results? Watch

username2475259
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
at worst I'm gonna get A*A*AAAAABBB

Theoretically Icould get if my hard work pays off: A*A*A*A*A*A*ABBB

Are these good GCSE grades? How much do GCSEs actually matter? I've already been given a place at a really good sixth form so I'm hoping i'll do well in my A levels. Also how much do universities look at GCSEs? The A*s will be in French and spanish and hopefully History, R.E and English so I'm very humanities orientated and really bad at maths and science hence the Bs... Would the Bs matter that much because I am most likely gonna do a languages degree would the Bs matter because they are in completely unrelated subjects?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by eg1472)
at worst I'm gonna get A*A*AAAAABBB

Theoretically Icould get if my hard work pays off: A*A*A*A*A*A*ABBB

Are these good GCSE grades? How much do GCSEs actually matter? I've already been given a place at a really good sixth form so I'm hoping i'll do well in my A levels. Also how much do universities look at GCSEs? The A*s will be in French and spanish and hopefully History, R.E and English so I'm very humanities orientated and really bad at maths and science hence the Bs... Would the Bs matter that much because I am most likely gonna do a languages degree would the Bs matter because they are in completely unrelated subjects?
Those are excellent grades, as long as you have your english and maths and good grades in the subjects you wish to do at a level then the B's shouldnt matter for most universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.76%
Excited (122)
8.19%
Worried (279)
18.74%
Terrified (343)
23.04%
Meh (123)
8.26%
Confused (35)
2.35%