The Student Room Group

Can a straight man find other men to be attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart
I just remembered about a previous thread you made.

I wonder, is this thread going to digress into a same-sex love thread like one of your previous ones did. :laugh:

(Soz, too funny.)

You're kinda asking for it.

What thread was that?
I promise you that this discussion shall remain civil.
And I expect my fellow tsr members to remain civil.
But I an glad that you're indeed a fan if my topics.
Reply 21
Why is it such a scrutinised thing to recognise that humans, regardless of gender/sex, can be nice to look at? :confused:

I know so many guys who freeze up at the question of another guy's attractiveness levels. Its just like hey, look, knowing that someone is attractive =/= wanting to sleep with them.
Original post by markreed
Why is it such a scrutinised thing to recognise that humans, regardless of gender/sex, can be nice to look at? :confused:

I know so many guys who freeze up at the question of another guy's attractiveness levels. Its just like hey, look, knowing that someone is attractive =/= wanting to sleep with them.

Yes because saying another man as attractive is something that does come up in a straight mans psyche.
Attraction I mostly sexual and visual, and it means you want to take it to the next level
Reply 23
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes because saying another man as attractive is something that does come up in a straight mans psyche.
Attraction I mostly sexual and visual, and it means you want to take it to the next level

But is the sexual component really a necessity for attraction? Wouldn't that just be sexual attraction?

I mean, I like looking at nice things and that doesn't have a sexual tinge to it. I personally think there is a difference between appreciating something or someone for their aesthetic value and finding someone sexually stimulating.

For me, appreciating anyone's attractiveness is more in line with the former.
You don't have to ride the horses to enjoy the farm.
Original post by markreed
But is the sexual component really a necessity for attraction? Wouldn't that just be sexual attraction?

I mean, I like looking at nice things and that doesn't have a sexual tinge to it. I personally think there is a difference between appreciating something or someone for their aesthetic value and finding someone sexually stimulating.

For me, appreciating anyone's attractiveness is more in line with the former.

It can llead to a sexual attraction,trust me
You would not find a dog or a car to be attractive
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
You don't have to ride the horses to enjoy the farm.

What does that even mean?
It can llead to a sexual attraction,trust me
You would not find a dog or a car to be attractive

I dunno, judging by some of the facebook posts of some guys I used to go to school/college with I'm beginning to wonder about the latter.
I think not, as I would assume he is closeted

Yes

Beckhamania was due to his hairstyles etc etc. Guys look at other's and say to themselves I want to be fit as him does not make them attracted to them just to emulate them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder why you made this thread. :curious:
No, you're either gay or straight as there is no proven scientific reason or fact to prove your point.
You must pick one, as you cannot be both

I disagree.
Of course you can

David Tennant and Choi Seunghyun come to mind when I think about how I should manage my hair.
sounds a bit gay to me
Only if he looks from a bent angle
aesthetic appreciation =/= romantic attraction =/= sexual attraction.

a dude can find another dude to be good looking, but the moment he starts to want to date or have sex with him, thats kind of gay.
I can look at a guy and think he's attractive in a general sense, but I won't be attracted to him personally.
Reply 36
I think Zac Efron is goals... (no homo)
No, you're either gay or straight as there is no proven scientific reason or fact to prove your point.
You must pick one, as you cannot be both

You don't pick anything.

I would say the key word here is "attracted" or "attractive". Sexual orientation is defined by the sex of those you are sexually attracted to. If you find men attractive and you're male, then you're gay. However, if you just think another man is good looking and can see why other's find them attractive, then no, you are not gay.

Hair-splitting at its finest but whatever.
Yes. In fact I see more men that I perceive to be attractive than women. However, I am not sexually attracted to them which is where the difference lies.
Loads of stud muffins have packed my fudge and i am as hetrosexual as they come

Quick Reply

Latest