Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 and I'm really keen to do English at a Russell Group uni (particularly Durham) but I don't think my GCSE grades are good enough?

English Literature - A*
    English Language - A* (Already have A from November sitting)
    Maths - A* (Already have A* from 2015 sitting)
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    French - A
    RS - A*
    History - A
    Latin - A
    Music - A

Total: 6A*s, 5As
    These are my predicted grades based on mocks I did two weeks ago...
    I'm planning on doing English Literature, RS, Latin and Chemistry next year.
    Is this sufficient to get into Durham if my A level results match requirements or will my application be too weak to receive an offer due to my GCSEs?
    Thank you in advance...

ReputationRep:
    Of course they're good enough. Your a level results/predicted grades are more important, as is your reference/personal statement. You won't be guaranteed a place, but no one is at the top universities. Those GCSEs would not restrict you from applying to any university in this country for English; focus on getting your GCSEs for now, and then look towards uni when you get a better picture of your a level grades good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.