Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my eye colour changing?! watch

Why is my eye colour changing? I had dark eyes but they're turning lighter and I have no idea why. I'm living in the third world right now and don't really want to go to the doctors without my mother who's in Vienna at the moment. I'm 19 so I really don't get why this would be happening now. My eyesight is fine. I've heard of eyes changing from lighter shades to darker as you get older but never the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Google it...Why is my eye colour changing and see what it says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    99% of TSR threads could be resolved with this reply

Of course I have already - everything's on why it gets darker, not lighter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    99% of TSR threads could be resolved with this reply
    Yes because that's why the maker of google made it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    Of course I have already - everything's on why it gets darker, not lighter.
    I see.
    Make an appointment at an optician so they can check it out

ReputationRep:
    Same I used to have blonde hair with brown eyes, but now my hair is dark and my eyes are light. But I was still a mini me when this drastic change occurred.

But you are 19 so it's certainly not normal for your pigmentation to be changing at such a late stage.

So it could be serious.

Why can't you just go to the doctors without your mum?

You are 19 not 9.

I see.
    Make an appointment at an optician so they can check it out
    I will once my mum gets back from Vienna. I live in a country where I don't speak the language and it's the third world so rather wait for mum before someone sticks a needle in my eyeballs or something. The thought gives me goosebumps...

(Original post by Loosey Goosey)
    Same I used to have blonde hair with brown eyes, but now my hair is dark and my eyes are light. But I was still a mini me when this drastic change occurred.But you are 19 so it's certainly not normal for your pigmentation to be changing at such a late stage.So it could be serious.Why can't you just go to the doctors without your mum?You are 19 not 9.
    yeah when I was younger I was a ginger but my hair got darker. But like you said that's why I'm worried - it shouldn't be changing pigment at such a later stage in life. And I'm waiting for my mum cause of the reason explained above^

ReputationRep:
    Incomplete Dominance... Look it up

ReputationRep:
    I will once my mum gets back from Vienna. I live in a country where I don't speak the language and it's the third world so rather wait for mum before someone sticks a needle in my eyeballs or something. The thought gives me goosebumps...
    Lmaoo xD

ReputationRep:

yeah when I was younger I was a ginger but my hair got darker. But like you said that's why I'm worried - it shouldn't be changing pigment at such a later stage in life. And I'm waiting for my mum cause of the reason explained above^
    Oh right, I can sympathise. When I was residing in Africa I remember always being judged for looking "different", so if I didn't know the language I would probably have been swindled quite a lot.

All I can say is wait for your mum, isn't there a relative or a close friend who could probably accompany you and converse for you in their language to save you the trouble of having to wait?

(Original post by Loosey Goosey)
    Oh right, I can sympathise. When I was residing in Africa I remember always being judged for looking "different", so if I didn't know the language I would probably have been swindled quite a lot.

All I can say is wait for your mum, isn't there a relative or a close friend who could probably accompany you and converse for you in their language to save you the trouble of having to wait?
    I don't have relatives here as we literally moved as my mothers a british diplomat to bangladesh but obviously the people from embassy could help although since I'm a pussy I'd just rather wait for her y'know?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to go to a doctor, some people have had eye colours change gradually over years into a completely different colour, as long as your vision is fine you don't need to get them checked out

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.