The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Unit 1 1L The quest for political stability: Germany, 1871–1991

Exam Discussion for the Exam on the 18th May 2016 :smile:

EDIT: Technically the title of this thread is slightly wrong i suppose as the AS course only goes up to 1929. I apologise for my idiocy :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

5 days to go....
Good luck everyone and use this weekend productively :hugs:
4 days :dumbells:
(talking to myself here but yolo :lol:)
Original post by anonn77
Can you please tell me what questions you get on your exam paper please

I'm not helping people cheat :lol:
Original post by anonn77
I'm not sitting the exam this year, I'm sitting it next year.

Looking up answers before you do an exam = cheating
regardless of when you sit it lol

--------------------------
3 days to go :eek3:

please tell me i'm not the only tsrian doing this exam :cry2:
2 days to go :redface:
I also have this exam on Wednesday. There's so much to learn and it is so frustrating when none of the information is going in. I'm hoping for an essay question on the economy, but that doesn't seem very likely considering it was in the sample paper we were given.
Original post by doitforyou
I also have this exam on Wednesday. There's so much to learn and it is so frustrating when none of the information is going in. I'm hoping for an essay question on the economy, but that doesn't seem very likely considering it was in the sample paper we were given.

Finally someone else :lol:
yes omg completely agree :redface: this one is so content heavy :/
Tbh i would prefer one on political developments as i think a cross over question on that would be quite good but i wouldn't mind the economy either, not a fan of the social stuff really just because i think that although a lot happened you can't really talk about one factor in depth that much
1 day to go (not counting today)

:afraid:
in a way i'm quite relieved cos then at least it is out of the way :/
on that note gonna go revise some more statistics :work:
How are you revising? At the moment I'm just reading the textbook, highlighting and writing notes of the key events throughout the period.

I'm just wondering if there is a better, more efficient way to go about it. I'm trying to compose myself because if I get too flustered and stressed when the exam comes around I'll spontaneously combust and the knowledge that I have acquired over the last years will just evaporate. And if that happens I'm screwed.
Reply 10
Predictions?
How are you revising? At the moment I'm just reading the textbook, highlighting and writing notes of the key events throughout the period.

I'm just wondering if there is a better, more efficient way to go about it. I'm trying to compose myself because if I get too flustered and stressed when the exam comes around I'll spontaneously combust and the knowledge that I have acquired over the last years will just evaporate. And if that happens I'm screwed.

Mostly doing the same as you, i kind of revise in these stages:
1)Making notes from my class work because i could kill someone with the weight of my folder and couldn't possibly learn an entire forests worth
2)Go over and over my notes highlighting dates in orange and stats in yellow making sure i understand the content
3)Test that i know the content by writing timed essays (you could also just write essay plans if you're short on time) from memory and then giving them to the teacher to mark
4)Look at the comments and feedback and then refine these areas
5)Go over key stats the days before the exam so they are still fresh :smile:

Original post by exams1
Predictions?

In all honesty i don't think anyone can predict what is going to be on this paper as it is a new course, just learn everything would be my advice tbh
AGGHHHH... OK! I'm trying not to get too stressed but it's proving quite difficult! :angry:
Also, I'm only doing my AS levels at the moment so I only go as far as 1929! XD
AGGHHHH... OK! I'm trying not to get too stressed but it's proving quite difficult! :angry:

Yes same :redface: nervous now tbh but keep calm i'm sure it will work out ok :crossedf:

Also, I'm only doing my AS levels at the moment so I only go as far as 1929! XD

Yes :rofl: thanks for pointing that out :yes: i just copied the title from the textbook and forgot that was for the whole 2 year course lol
LITERALLY I AM SO SCREWED

I have been doing endless mind maps and flow charts the past few days to try and get the info to sink into my head but it is just not happening!!!!!
I understand Bismarck's chancellorship and need to go over Wilhelm 1890-1914 cause I understand it, it just won't stick, and have been trying to understand the madness that is 1914-1923 (cause literally what??!!) so now I just need to get my head around the last bit, which i kinda get.
I am so not ready for this exam.
I just can't remember the huge amount of content it is actually ridiculous
Original post by shuutupcharli
LITERALLY I AM SO SCREWED

I have been doing endless mind maps and flow charts the past few days to try and get the info to sink into my head but it is just not happening!!!!!
I understand Bismarck's chancellorship and need to go over Wilhelm 1890-1914 cause I understand it, it just won't stick, and have been trying to understand the madness that is 1914-1923 (cause literally what??!!) so now I just need to get my head around the last bit, which i kinda get.
I am so not ready for this exam.
I just can't remember the huge amount of content it is actually ridiculous

tbh i agree about 1914-1929 that is the hardest part imo and i've asked others in my class and they agree and yes do feel that there is too much content but again everyone i have spoken to agrees so all we can hope for is that being the first year they will be more lenient? idk but make today count anyway :hugs:
gooodluck :smile: x
Well that's it.
Hope this exam goes well for everyone and see you on the other side :wavey:
can't stand being on here pre-exam cos it is too nerve-wracking so have a pleasant evening everyone :h:
Original post by CoolCavy
Well that's it.
Hope this exam goes well for everyone and see you on the other side :wavey:
can't stand being on here pre-exam cos it is too nerve-wracking so have a pleasant evening everyone :h:

Good luck to you too! :colondollar:
GOOD LUCK (and thank you By the way<3)

Quick Reply

Latest