Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how or if i can make a hyperlink in a dynamic text box? I need to make text that scrolls, but to do that i need to make the type dynamic. I cant seem to find how to make a hyperlink on dynamic...

Can anyone help? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This is very bad design practise now, if you do it this way a lot of people won't be able to use yoursite. Its jsut fussy and over complex. The only way I know doing it though is to use ActionScript in Flash but I have a feeling there is some built in wizzards.

ReputationRep:
    PHP Code:
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td><marquee><?php echo($yourtext); ?></marquee>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, misunderstanding. I dont want marquee, i want a text box that people can scroll down it with a scroll bar. But i need a dynamic text box for it, and i cant figure how to put hyperlinks in a dynamic text box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayban)
    Sorry, misunderstanding. I dont want marquee, i want a text box that people can scroll down it with a scroll bar. But i need a dynamic text box for it, and i cant figure how to put hyperlinks in a dynamic text box.
    You can't do this. If you mean like a text input box there is no where to put hyperlinks inside it. I don't know why you would want to do this anyway?

One way of making scrollable text is to use an IFRAME, but its againt accessability guidlines.

ReputationRep:
    You could use a table / DIV, and make that scrollable.

Can't remember the code for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I don't know why you would want to do this anyway?
    I dont want a text INPUT box, i want a DYMAMIC text box.
    This is about FLASH by the way not php html or w/e else...

ReputationRep:
    I dont want a text INPUT box, i want a DYMAMIC text box.
    This is about FLASH by the way not php html or w/e else...
    ok, I'm confused about what it is your trying to do aswell.
    You want a scrolling text box, but you want it in flash?
    What is it for exactly, what purpose will it serve?
    I don't think we can help without alittle more info.

ReputationRep:
    Its just a body of text, for people to read. I'm making a website in flash, thats why it has to be in flash...

ReputationRep:
    Hey chap, seems you've been asking the wrong people.
    It is possible, I will try and pop one together for you and when done I will post either the code you need or email it to you. Either way I will make a new post when done. It's been a while since i've done this so bear with me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot mate

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I used to know this - I made a whole site for my band once with the layout in flash and all the pages as text files. I'll let trent deal with it though.

ReputationRep:
    Its just a body of text, for people to read. I'm making a website in flash, thats why it has to be in flash...
    In that case, I believe you have to do it through action script like AT said in the beginning, allthough why you want to do a site in flash is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    why you want to do a site in flash is beyond me.

Because it looks nicer, and is fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    In that case, I believe you have to do it through action script like AT said in the beginning, allthough why you want to do a site in flash is beyond me.
    As my lecturer once said, the only point on making sites in flash is to make sure you get no visitors.

Flash has really gone out of fashion now and its not suitable for making websites with for so many reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Well this is just a flash version to the site anyway, html or flash will be optional for the visitor.

ReputationRep:
    Because it looks nicer, and is fast.
    But a lot of people can't use flash for lots of reasons. A lot of people I know just click the exit button as soon as an all flash site appears. Flash sites mean that probably at least 20% of web users can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    Well this is just a flash version to the site anyway, html or flash will be optional for the visitor.
    Thats not to bad then, but you should have all the content in a database so both versions are updated at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    That would be a good idea, but too complex. I dont know how to use database's yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    But a lot of people can't use flash for lots of reasons. A lot of people I know just click the exit button as soon as an all flash site appears. Flash sites mean that probably at least 20% of web users can't see it.
    That's bull ****, get up to date with the facts.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.