I'm currently at an all girls private school, in year 11. I'm a hardworking and aspirational student, and I've been predicted a lovely set of 12A*s. After my GCSEs I have the option to stay, or go to a grammar school...
I will do some rough pros and cons, but it would be super helpful if anyone who has made a similar move to gimmie their input
possible new school
- I have lots of good friends here (who don't want me to leave). People know me, I know teachers, they like me etc.
- It's a really renowned school, and not a super annoying private school because people actually care etc.
- there are some snooty-isn people, and it can be annoying that, like, everyone is wealthier than me, but I can deal with that tbh
- I am on a scholarship, so I have to pay significantly less to attend
- It has loads of amazing facilities, like its own theatre, lovely gardens, sports fields, squash and netball courts, swimming pool etc.
- I have to be in school at 8am, and then lessons end at 5pm. I usually stay on later to work or do clubs, and it takes a while to drive home.
- I adore the library here, it's so pretty and mmm (slight bias though, because obviously I know it really well etc)
- The food is really good
- my parents think I'd be better off staying
- the pastoral care is pretty good, and I've had ~troubles~ before
- lot's of people seem to hate private school though, just on principal...
- it offers the IB which I'm thinking of doing
- Saturday school -__-
SO THERE WE HAVE IT
- I know a bunch of people from there, and they all seem really nice. A few good friends of mine, some from my current school, some from outside of school, are going there next year.
- My older siblings went there
- It's non uniform
- It's co-ed
- apparently the food isn't that nice, and I've been told people eat mostly at break time???
- People always seem to get really good results
- no IB offered
- lessons start at 9 and end at 3.30. NO SATURDAY SCHOOL:'
- it's free
- it's harder to get into that my current school, so I presume the people there are 'generally smarter' although I'm not sure obviously. I think the main thing is that the teachers don't really push you, since everyone who's there is already clever.
- much more independent style of learning
Go Grammar or Stay Private ? Watch
- 08-05-2016 18:08
- 08-05-2016 18:15
- 08-05-2016 18:16
- 08-05-2016 19:48