Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I miss my boyfriend as soon as he leaves even if i have just spent the whole weekend with him

I spent Friday and Saturday with him
    and i saw him this morning but i miss him already (its been 4 hours since I saw him)

he said he missed me but hasn't texted me since- he is with friends
    When i miss him all i want to do is text/ call/ see him

Do men miss women differently than women miss men or does my boyfriend not really care?

(I know people are going to call my clingy which I admit I am but the question is more focused on guys reactions than my actions!)

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend problaby don't care because if you miss sommeone the fist moment they get they will talk to you.
    You and your boyfriend should sit down ad talk about your relationship because long distance relationship is not likely to go well.

I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    just cos he doesn't demand your attention 24/7 doesn't mean he doesn't care, give him a break...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he doesn't want to text you constantly, cuz he knows that can get annoying. Or maybe he isn't texting you cuz he's trying not to think of missing you too much. Or maybe he just doesnt. We can't give you a definite answer, you have to make your own judgment.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you recognise that you are clingy, which isn't a positive, then why would you expect him to be the same?

Rather than him becoming more clingy, shouldn't you become less?

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't mean he doesn't care.

You'll probably chill out and stop feeling the overwhelming missing of your partner as you mature and get older.

And different PEOPLE miss others differently. You can get clingy guys and you can get clingy girls. People just express and feel emotions differently to eachother

ReputationRep:
    It has been 4 hours. Calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I miss my boyfriend as soon as he leaves even if i have just spent the whole weekend with him

and i saw him this morning but i miss him already (its been 4 hours since I saw him)

Do men miss women differently than women miss men or does my boyfriend not really care?

(I know people are going to call my clingy which I admit I am but the question is more focused on guys reactions than my actions!)
    To answer the question you have posed, I'd say that there are no meaningful differences between women and men when it comes to missing a partner. It sounds to me that perhaps his overall responsiveness to you isn't ideal and you are tempted to conclude from this that he doesn't care for you.

ReputationRep:

I have a feeling that, he doesn't appreciate you or care for you as much as you do for him. Some guys actually do miss their girlfriend as soon as they are away from them. And maybe he isn't as needy or shows his emotions. But, I'll advice you to maybe reduce it and see how he responds, don't call him or text him for a while. Occupy yourself with other things and if he doesn't care, then you will know.
    I personally think you can find someone better who will appreciate you as much as you do to them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

You spent the WHOLE weekend with your boyfriend. He then goes to spend time with the lads and you feel that he does not care because he is not as needy as you are?

What happens when he goes to Napa with the lads? Will you go with him?

You need to relax a bit. He has other things to do. You should also have other things to do. Go out with your lady friends and occupy yourself with other activities. You need to be careful with doubts about your relationship, so that you don't become a neurotic person, who becomes paranoid.

On the bright side, when he is with you, he gives you his undivided attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaa95)
    I have a feeling that, he doesn't appreciate you or care for you as much as you do for him. Some guys actually do miss their girlfriend as soon as they are away from them. And maybe he isn't as needy or shows his emotions. But, I'll advice you to maybe reduce it and see how he responds, don't call him or text him for a while. Occupy yourself with other things and if he doesn't care, then you will know.
    I personally think you can find someone better who will appreciate you as much as you do to them.

Or she could not play ridiculous games and if she is genuinely concerned talk to him about it like a rational adult.

Not texting all the time or being extremely upset every time you are away from your SO does not mean you don't care or appreciate them. That is frankly ridiculous. Not to mention it is not healthy to be so emotionally dependant on another person. He should not be her whole life, and neither should she be his.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Or she could not play ridiculous games and if she is genuinely concerned talk to him about it like a rational adult.

Not texting all the time or being extremely upset every time you are away from your SO does not mean you don't care or appreciate them. That is frankly ridiculous. Not to mention it is not healthy to be so emotionally dependant on another person. He should not be her whole life, and neither should she be his.
    Yeah, true. That's why I advice that she should reduce the time she spends. But I can see that she is emotionally dependant and slightly obsessive. But if it's at the beginning stage, surely she can learn how to stop that.
    And yeah, learning how to be yourself without needing someone. I just thought it would be a bit harsh if I replied bluntly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.