Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just over a month until my first exam in A2 Biology and i've made good progress on the first unit by revising only from the textbook, but after looking at how much I have to go, it seems impossible for me to finish the whole textbook and leave myself a decent amount of time just to do past papers etc. How is everybody else doing it? Would it be better to use a cgp guide and use the spec, or must I use the textbook? soooo confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anadowndo)
    I have just over a month until my first exam in A2 Biology and i've made good progress on the first unit by revising only from the textbook, but after looking at how much I have to go, it seems impossible for me to finish the whole textbook and leave myself a decent amount of time just to do past papers etc. How is everybody else doing it? Would it be better to use a cgp guide and use the spec, or must I use the textbook? soooo confused
    I am doing AS bio/chem/maths/furth maths and also A2 bio/chem and maths.

My first exam for AS is approaching soon in 2 weeks around 20th.I haven't started to revise any AS except the bio(Started 2 weeks ago).Most of the AS(For maths and chem) is in the A2.Just will take me 4-5 hours to revise a AS unit and could do tons of pass papers on it.

For bio it is different.Most important 2 things for a good grade in bio is remember everything in bio and the 2nd thing is do lots of papers.Revise the mark scheme.Know the meaning of the questions where it says , "Evaluate","Explain","Describe", "Student A has a hypothesis" etc...

Looking at A2 bio,their is hell alot of memorizing just in the 1st topic variation.

A2 bio unit 4 is like 21 june so a month and a half.If only we could spend all that time in between on 1 subject then wouldn't it make it alot easier haha.

Revise from the big textbook,has key information which the cgp doesnt have.Depending on which board u are doing,compare your notes to online revision notes such as the s-cool.com website.U must understand each topic,not just know it by heart.For example u must know the processes of krebs cycle,electron transport chain etc.. as in what is it?What does it do?How much is moved through each part?Then go through the past papers when u feel confident u know around 80% of the stuff.

Or u could use your notes for the first past papers u do as well as memorizing it,slowly as u build yourself up u wont need the notes anymore.Well thats how i do it^.Hope it help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.