Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you have any questions as to any of the above topics, I will gladly answer them. If you want pictures of a typical room, floor or facilities like kitchens, showers, toilets, etc in Victoria Chambers, just ask and I will see what I can do! I am living here for 2015/16 and 2016/17. Any queries or concerns with direct entry from college can be answered too as I am a direct entry student myself. I study Forensic Science and just finished 2nd year (my 1st year of uni) so if you want to know about the course or lecturers I know enough to tell you a little about them.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, ive applied for an ensuite room in victoria chambers and got an email the other day saying they have reserved a room for me. But yeah the pictures on the website are pretty bad and dont show what it looks like so i would appreciate some pictures. Thank you so much this is actually a really great thing to do. 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    Do you know which room it is? I will ask the folks on the 1st floor (where the ensuite rooms are) whether they'd let me take a picture

ReputationRep:
    No sorry i have no idea yet they said they would get back to me with the room number in May. If theres any of the kitchens and stuff aswell that would be really helpfull. How did your stay there go, did you like living there? 😊

ReputationRep:
    I asked one of my friends and he said he can take a couple of pictures of his room for me
    The kitchen on 1st is quite big! They have a couple of ovens, sinks, and a table that seats 6 people. Lots of worktop space and cupboards also.
    Numbers 1-17 are on 1st so you'll be one of them.
    The 1st floor doesn't have a common room but floors 2 and 4 (technically 3rd but we called it 4th since the start and just havent changed it haha) do have a common room each. If those floors have parties or get together for a night before going out, everyone from any other floor/flat is invited to join us.
    It's like a community because there are so many people to talk to. Understandably, some people you will never see as they're ninjas but the majority of people are usually great to chat with. I loved it so much this year that I'm coming back next year, so you know it's got something going for it haha :3
    The place itself is really close to not only the uni (6 minute walk), but also to a Tesco supermarket (10 minutes) and right across from a shopping mall called Wellgate which has an Iceland, McDonalds, B&M, etc. It's also pretty much one curved road to Waterstones bookshop too which, if you're like me, is the best thing about Dundee.
    It's 6 minutes away from Abertay Union (which is ****, I do not reccommend it in any way), 20 minutes away from Dundee Union (DUSA) which is so much better, and 15 minutes away from Liquid nightclub (if you like drunk people, sticky carpets, armpit smell, and being chucked out with a firealarm every time). There is also Reading Rooms ~20 minutes away which is quite cool if you like, for want of a better phrase, "stoner music". It's laid back and decent.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Also, do you have facebook so I can add you to (a hopefully expanding) group for 2016/17?

ReputationRep:
    Haha aw thank you. I actually searched everywhere for a picture of the ensuites but couldnt find any and I want to know what my bathroom would look like for the next year before I actually move in. It sounds like a really nice place to live and im kind of excited already 😂.Hahah I'll see you in August then.
    Yeah I do have facebook is there already a Victoria chambers 2016 group?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet but to make one I need at least 1 other person haha Others who are staying there can get added as we find them :3

ReputationRep:
    Im back again to ask yet another question 😂. Whats the storage like in the rooms, are there many shelves or drawers? The pictures on the website make it look like there nothing is there 😭.

ReputationRep:
    Two shelves. 3 small drawers. 1 underbed rolling drawer. 1 wardrobe with cupboard adjoining to the top.That's it... Practically nothing haha

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad I guess, is there any noticeboards too?
    Sorry for asking so many questions theres just hardly any information on the rooms its a bit annoying. 😂.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  14630845277631927060188.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  162.9 KBSorry for the mess, everyone's crapped off and left me and this one guy to deal with it haha. These are the noticeboards in the 4th floor common room. There are also ones the exact same in the 2nd floor commin room. I am unaware of whether the 1st and 5th floors have noticeboards as they don't have a common room.
    There is one official noticeboard used only by the caretaker to show firealarm times (11am every Wednesday morning) and events the union is holding (load of ****, do not recommend) as you enter the building, next to the landline pay telephone.

ReputationRep:
    Yo! I'm also staying at Victoria Chambers, any chance I could join this fb group?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.