Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in Year 12 and considering applying for law at Queen Mary. I got 2A*s and 8As at GCSE.

I only recently changed sixth forms and A level subjects. Because of this, I've missed the opportunity to sit my AS French exam this year. I plan on sitting the exam next year when I'm in Year 13. I am studying History, English Literature and Economics to A2.

I wanted to do four A2 levels to make my application more competitive because I only got 2A*s at GCSE. However, I am unable to do that because of the situation with my AS French.

Considering my GCSEs, will doing an AS in Year 13, and only 3 A2 levels in a relatively narrow range of subjects (all humanities/essay based) disadvantage my application to the law school?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by studysomeone)
    I am currently in Year 12 and considering applying for law at Queen Mary. I got 2A*s and 8As at GCSE.

I only recently changed sixth forms and A level subjects. Because of this, I've missed the opportunity to sit my AS French exam this year. I plan on sitting the exam next year when I'm in Year 13. I am studying History, English Literature and Economics to A2.

I wanted to do four A2 levels to make my application more competitive because I only got 2A*s at GCSE. However, I am unable to do that because of the situation with my AS French.

Considering my GCSEs, will doing an AS in Year 13, and only 3 A2 levels in a relatively narrow range of subjects (all humanities/essay based) disadvantage my application to the law school?
    Hey! Although entry requirements can be touch, the LLB at Queen Mary states that you need A*AA. Although GCSE's are impressive, other factors such as having some work experience, a really good personal statement, coming across well in your interview and general enthusiasm are also worthwhile. Although obviously the more grades, the better, you can sell yourself in other ways. Hope this helps -Sarah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.