Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I REALLY hate me! Does anyone feel like me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just hate myself so much! I know I have some depressive tendencies, but I just feel like I am getting worse and worse.

I have so many things wrong with me. I'm a 18 year old girl, I'm going to most likely fail my A-levels ( I will try hard now, but I know the results won't be as I wish), I'm honestly hideous, everything from my skin, my body, dark eye circles, teeth (will get braces soon, but I don't think they will ever look perfect), I hate my mouth, I'm just hideous. I have no talents and no friends. I am just so sad.

So I'm hideous and can't even do well in school.

ED TW
    Sometimes I have these huge urges to just throw up my food, or when I'm upset I just don't want to eat for the rest of the day. I just feel soo sad.

I hate me so much, I don't understand why I have to be me. I can't ever do anything right, my sleep is a mess. Ugh, can I fix me? Is there hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'twaitforanon)
    I just hate myself so much! I know I have some depressive tendencies, but I just feel like I am getting worse and worse.

I have so many things wrong with me. I'm a 18 year old girl, I'm going to most likely fail my A-levels ( I will try hard now, but I know the results won't be as I wish), I'm honestly hideous, everything from my skin, my body, dark eye circles, teeth (will get braces soon, but I don't think they will ever look perfect), I hate my mouth, I'm just hideous. I have no talents and no friends. I am just so sad.

ED TW
    Sometimes I have these huge urges to just throw up my food, or when I'm upset I just don't want to eat for the rest of the day. I just feel soo sad.

I hate me so much, I don't understand why I have to be me. I can't ever do anything right, my sleep is a mess. Ugh, can I fix me? Is there hope?
    Most of the things you've mentioned are easily fixable. It's easier to change your outside.. Unless it's all in your head.

ReputationRep:

ED TW

Have you spoken to anyone you trust about these problems?

ReputationRep:

ED TW

You should really confide in someone you trust

ReputationRep:
    Just block everyone who says mean things to or about you out. Focus on school and your A-Levels, and you will do well! Just go into every exam thinking, 'I have revised, so I'll do well'. It sounds strange, but it really works haha :P No-one is truly hideous, I'm sure there's something amazing about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaiBr13)
    I mean, I know it's easier said than done but stop being so negative! TRY ur bum off to get good results, cram as much as you can, go into school to do revision sessions with teachers. There's always time unless it's the morning of your exam.

Skin- pills from doctor? better diet? makeup? Just some possibilities, obviously don't work for everyone.
    Body- work out, healthy diet.
    Dark eye circles- get more sleep (if you're an insomniac go to the doctor or talk to someone, i don't know much about it) , makeup
    Teeth- get those braces, they WILL fix your teeth.

Eat. Eat. Eat. Don't throw up your food or not eat, don't start that cycle. You're not worthless and don't try and pretend you are.

Aside from appearance and exams, the main problem is obviously friends. Friends make you feel better about yourself, are you absolutely sure there's not even ONE person that you're kind of friends with that you can build something with?

Didn't mean to sound so matter of fact. These are all solutions to the problems you mentioned, but the main problem here is your low self esteem, talk to someone!!! Anyone!! Your mum, dad, auntie, cousin.. just whoever you trust. Or a therapist?
    I used to have bulimia, then I went through a phase of starvation because I just didn't want to make myself sick anymore. When I get reallyupset I feel like throwing up to empty myself of sadness, I know it sounds ridiculous.

I used to have friends but they made me feel bad about myself, one in particular told me I wasn't thin enough to have any kind of eating disorder, and she was was worse. This made the feelings worse.
    Thank you, I understand what your saying. I'm sorry for being so negative, I'm not very happy at the moment. I feel like life is kicking me very hard in the stomach at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    haha i hate myself entirely too we're in it together pal

physical appearance isnt everything, though. it may seem like it is, and i in no way mean to invalidate how you feel, but its the person you are that matters. anyone who disagrees isnt worth your time (sorry for beig so cliché). nevertheless, most of the things you mentioned can definitely be fixed!

as for friends - they will come. i know how it feels to not have them but youll find people, so long as you dont give in.

there is 100% hope for you - you posting this shows you havent completely given in on yourself! i believe in you, op. hang on in there. it gets better ♡ (cliché x2, sorry)

oh and seriously, please dont get yourself into the cycle of what you put under that tag. its difficult to stop once youre properly into it, so stop now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirigiri)
    haha i hate myself entirely too we're in it together pal

physical appearance isnt everything, though. it may seem like it is, and i in no way mean to invalidate how you feel, but its the person you are that matters. anyone who disagrees isnt worth your time (sorry for beig so cliché). nevertheless, most of the things you mentioned can definitely be fixed!

as for friends - they will come. i know how it feels to not have them but youll find people, so long as you dont give in.

there is 100% hope for you - you posting this shows you havent completely given in on yourself! i believe in you, op. hang on in there. it gets better ♡ (cliché x2, sorry)

oh and seriously, please dont get yourself into the cycle of what you put under that tag. its difficult to stop once youre properly into it, so stop now.
    Thank you, I just feel this new wave of sadness come over me. I was okay for a while, I ate well too. Then the minute I get sad, everything goes upside down again!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I just feel this new wave of sadness come over me. I was okay for a while, I ate well too. Then the minute I get sad, everything goes upside down again!
    the important thing is that you can acknowledge that things arent absolutely dreadful forever and that at times, things are better, if only for a short while - and you noted that in your very comment there!
    just keep on keeping on. thats all i can ask of you. ♡

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a lot to deal with. Remember what don't kill you makes you stronger :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    Sounds like a lot to deal with. Remember what don't kill you makes you stronger :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirigiri)
    the important thing is that you can acknowledge that things arent absolutely dreadful forever and that at times, things are better, if only for a short while - and you noted that in your very comment there!
    just keep on keeping on. thats all i can ask of you. ♡
    Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Most of the things you've mentioned are easily fixable. It's easier to change your outside.. Unless it's all in your head.
    I hope I can change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    Just block everyone who says mean things to or about you out. Focus on school and your A-Levels, and you will do well! Just go into every exam thinking, 'I have revised, so I'll do well'. It sounds strange, but it really works haha :P No-one is truly hideous, I'm sure there's something amazing about you
    I think I'm the only one who says mean things myself if I'm honest, I have no-one else really to say anything mean. Thank you for the help!

ReputationRep:
    You're not hopeless...or helpless. If you feel like big warning signs are there for your ED, then you know (without us saying) that you need to get back into treatment.

It's tough but it doesn't mean you failed. It's self-care. I came out of therapy for about a year but when I really struggled to cope with my self harm and ED behaviours, I knew I needed to get help again. I've since been back in therapy and it helps to keep me more stable.

You're worth the effort it takes to make that self referral and you don't have to try and manage this on your own.

ReputationRep:
    I also understand how it's not actually "easy" to change behaviour or "snap out of it".

I work in mental health. I know a whole bunch of interventions to use with people. I still struggle myself. It's an illness and I have unresolved stuff so it's not a case of just not doing something.

I know people are well intentioned and don't mean to minimise..but it really minimises a person's experience to say. Come on, anyone can do it it's easy now you know what you can change.

ReputationRep:

ED TW

Firstly, well done for getting the courage to make this thread. I know how hard and horrible it is to hit rock bottom mentally... but you are not alone. you are never alone No matter what happens academically, you know you have tried, regardless of your results know you got through them under very hard circumstances of which I applaud you for As far as your appearance goes, honestly I highly doubt you are hideous, hell, I know it is easy to say... I have weird teeth, the two front ones? resemble bugs bunny, the other? cross between a zombie and dracula o.O The way I see it though I know I am not pretty, but honestly?? If people only judge me on appearance, I consider them not worth knowing. After all, what would life be if we are never to get past the surface?

I also know how it feels to be talentless, and friendless. (though I do feel you are good at something though you may not realize it) I thoroughly recommend emailing the samaritians or phoning depending on your social preference. They are a lovely bunch.. Please try look after yourself hun.. as horrible and as bleak as the future may be, there are people who understand out there... take one day at a time, set yourself small goals... slowly build up your confidence and mental strength... try when you are ready going to a gp you trust, write down all your feelings.. and just hand it to them. And with any luck, they'll set you right Good luck and feel free to pm me anytime x

ReputationRep:

ED TW

Strive to improve and you will improve.

It is not enough to hope, you must act on your desires.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, your not alone. You've made a big step to create a topic and share what you are experiencing!
    No matter what happens academically, it is not the end of the world, to become champions we all go through pain, suffering and humiliation.

Hideous? i highly doubt it. Im guessing that is what your friends or so called friends have been telling you. We are all perfect just the way we are.
    If someone is judging you on the way you look, clearly they do not deserve to be in your company.

In terms of having no friends, ive been in your place. I hated it at first, but then i enjoyed it 'cos you can reflect. No one is saying anything bad to you and your self-esteem can start to build. Also try and get in contact with some professional help? Like samaritans or something as mentioned above.

Meanwhile just take it easy, one step at a time. Start writing, like poetry if it will help you express your feelings and hand it to professional help. You may even be good at writing, see your not talentless

Kindest Regards
    Hope i helped.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have bulimia, then I went through a phase of starvation because I just didn't want to make myself sick anymore. When I get reallyupset I feel like throwing up to empty myself of sadness, I know it sounds ridiculous.

I used to have friends but they made me feel bad about myself, one in particular told me I wasn't thin enough to have any kind of eating disorder, and she was was worse. This made the feelings worse.
    Thank you, I understand what your saying. I'm sorry for being so negative, I'm not very happy at the moment. I feel like life is kicking me very hard in the stomach at the moment.
    That's terrible

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.