Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone my RS AS exam is less than 2 weeks away. I have struggled all year with RS, with the highest grade being a B in one of my essays but mostly E's and U's..
    Is there anything you could suggest apart from dropping it and teacher support as I am already going to 3/4 extra hour revision sessions a week.
    No matter what I do my grades are not improving..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeevan12)
    Hey everyone my RS AS exam is less than 2 weeks away. I have struggled all year with RS, with the highest grade being a B in one of my essays but mostly E's and U's..
    Is there anything you could suggest apart from dropping it and teacher support as I am already going to 3/4 extra hour revision sessions a week.
    No matter what I do my grades are not improving..
    Drop it. You should focus on your other exams

ReputationRep:
    I already do 3 subjects as my deputy head ruined my options at the beginning of the year. If I drop RS, I would be doing 2 subjects..
    (Original post by Mr Moon Man)
    Drop it. You should focus on your other exams

ReputationRep:
    Oh, okay. What do you actually find difficult about RS?

ReputationRep:
    The whole of the essay! I understand what I learn but the mark schemes for the essays are ridiculously strict.
    Oh, okay. What do you actually find difficult about RS?

ReputationRep:
    The whole of the essay! I understand what I learn but the mark schemes for the essays are ridiculously strict.
    Look at some modal answers, they should help

ReputationRep:
    Thats what helps me through almost every essay lol
    Look at some modal answers, they should help

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board are you doing it with? I'm not sure if it's the same for every exam board but this is how I've been taught to do the essays. For the part A essays we use the structure of point, evidence, explain - so basically, we state the info, find something to back it up with, and explain what that then means.

For the part b essays we use the "fac fac o" structure - which is: an argument for the statement, a direct counter argument against the statement, and a mini conclusion of which side of the argument is the strongest. we do that x2 and then an overall conclusion of which side of the entire argument is stronger.

I hope that helps you a bit with structuring the essay - for the actual information to go in the essays I try to think of what points I know the most about and use the structures to help me make my point.

If you need anything else feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds similar to mine A01 AND A02 Questions - Im with AQA!
    Thank you for the detailed response x
    (Original post by lillypad2104)
    Which exam board are you doing it with? I'm not sure if it's the same for every exam board but this is how I've been taught to do the essays. For the part A essays we use the structure of point, evidence, explain - so basically, we state the info, find something to back it up with, and explain what that then means.

For the part b essays we use the "fac fac o" structure - which is: an argument for the statement, a direct counter argument against the statement, and a mini conclusion of which side of the argument is the strongest. we do that x2 and then an overall conclusion of which side of the entire argument is stronger.

I hope that helps you a bit with structuring the essay - for the actual information to go in the essays I try to think of what points I know the most about and use the structures to help me make my point.

If you need anything else feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    I got a U in my mock and b in the resl thing. With AQA I did the cosmological argument, religious experience, abortion and euthanasia and utilitarianism.

Using the CA as an example, I had a model introduction explaining what type of argument it is (ie a posteriori and the definition of a posteriori). I would name drop st Thomas aquiana and his book summer theologica and that he was born in 1224-74. Then answer the question. So I had to know alk three ways in detail throwing in analogies and quotes. For part B highlight the key words. Counter each strength with a weakness. Not all weaknesses first and strengths after. Name your scholars, their books, dates, and quotes. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice. I heard a lot of people do better in the actual thing than the mock which I find odd?
    I am doing all the same topics as you! Did you know any good revision sites/notes?

(Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    I got a U in my mock and b in the resl thing. With AQA I did the cosmological argument, religious experience, abortion and euthanasia and utilitarianism.

Using the CA as an example, I had a model introduction explaining what type of argument it is (ie a posteriori and the definition of a posteriori). I would name drop st Thomas aquiana and his book summer theologica and that he was born in 1224-74. Then answer the question. So I had to know alk three ways in detail throwing in analogies and quotes. For part B highlight the key words. Counter each strength with a weakness. Not all weaknesses first and strengths after. Name your scholars, their books, dates, and quotes. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice. I heard a lot of people do better in the actual thing than the mock which I find odd?
    I am doing all the same topics as you! Did you know any good revision sites/notes?
    Wow really??? Any chance you go to my school then haha (in kent?). My teacher has really good slides and they mark very strictly but the aqa textbook was really what I used I also did every essay question and they marked me and I had to improve on the weakest parts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.