The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams - Difficulty Exaggerated?

I'm not looking for people who are revision freaks revising 23 hours a day, I want a simple answer - are GCSEs a little over-exaggerated in terms of there difficulty or not?

Looking for AS & A-Level students replies, but anyone is free to give their view!

Thanks guys.
It depends on your own ability. I found them very easy to pass, but a bit more difficult to get As and A*s. But once you do your AS subjects you'll think GCSEs were a walk in the park, and after starting your A2 subjects you'll see AS exams as a walk in the park, and so on.

The most difficult thing about GCSEs in my opinion is that you have to do so many different subjects in such a short space of tine that it's confusing and boring. Content wise though, depending on the subject, they're not really that difficult.
Reply 2
Im 1st year uni so still have a fresh idea of what my GCSE's/ A levels were like.

GCSE's are definitely exaggerated in terms of difficulty. I'd recommend a solid 3-4 hours a day (which is nothing, you'll realise in a few years) of revision during and after Easter and you should be more than fine. It depends on the subject though, if you struggle at maths then make sure you get plenty of practice but for subjects like Science, Geography or etc, just get a revision guide and go over it.

When people stress that A levels are harder though, do believe them. The jump between GCSE and A levels is quite high for a lot of people, and you're going to need to start working early on in the year.

Quick Reply

Latest