username1454260
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone got any points on Lennie in Of Mice And Men? It's for my exam in a few weeks and I'm struggling to find good points on him. I'll really appreciate it if you can help me out (:
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ella_08)
Has anyone got any points on Lennie in Of Mice And Men? It's for my exam in a few weeks and I'm struggling to find good points on him. I'll really appreciate it if you can help me out (:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIb3y5cG9o
http://www.shmoop.com/of-mice-and-men/lennie-small.html
http://www.oxnotes.com/lennie-small-...e-english.html
http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/...and+men+lennie
username1454260
Rep:
?
thanks so much!
luciie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thanks so much!
You're welcome! Good luck with your exams
username1454260
Rep:
?
(Original post by luciie)
You're welcome! Good luck with your exams
you too.. if you have any
?Hannah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I studied this text last year (in year 9) so I may be able to offer some good points. What I think is the most interesting thing about Lennie is how his mental age is so young, and almost simple - being that it is implied that he has special needs - if I remember correctly. Then physically, Lennie is tall and broad, appearing to be rather physically dominating. - maybe link back to the event where he crushes Curley's hand, yet doesn't understand what he is doing - due to his lack of communication with the world around him.

Idk maybe you can talk about this contrast and the effect in which it gives in regards to Lennie - thinking about mental age and physical age. I personally find it very effective in the novel, and Steinback purposefully created this contradiction.

Also think about Lennie's relationship with George and how even though Lennie appears to be physically stronger and physically more able, George takes the lead and kind of parents Lennie.

Message me if you want I can give more suggestions if needed
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OMAM
GeorgeAndLennie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lennie dies

this thread was made for me
username1454260
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
I studied this text last year (in year 9) so I may be able to offer some good points. What I think is the most interesting thing about Lennie is how his mental age is so young, and almost simple - being that it is implied that he has special needs - if I remember correctly. Then physically, Lennie is tall and broad, appearing to be rather physically dominating. - maybe link back to the event where he crushes Curley's hand, yet doesn't understand what he is doing - due to his lack of communication with the world around him.

Idk maybe you can talk about this contrast and the effect in which it gives in regards to Lennie - thinking about mental age and physical age. I personally find it very effective in the novel, and Steinback purposefully created this contradiction.

Also think about Lennie's relationship with George and how even though Lennie appears to be physically stronger and physically more able, George takes the lead and kind of parents Lennie.

Message me if you want I can give more suggestions if needed
Thank you! They are great points. I'll pm you if you don't mind?
username1454260
Rep:
?
(Original post by ihatePE)
OMAM
cheers
username1454260
Rep:
?
(Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
lennie dies

this thread was made for me
Ahaha very useful indeed [;
?Hannah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! They are great points. I'll pm you if you don't mind?
No problem, and yes please do I will see if I can find my annotated copy of OMAM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (113)
13.87%
I'm not sure (36)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (248)
30.43%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (398)
48.83%

Watched Threads