Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone had any bad experiences with the people who are supposed to be looking after the health of the public such as our Doctors? Because my Doctor is a disgrace. The man is in his 80s (or 90s) and he is deaf; You have to constantly shout at him and all he ever does is just nod and says 'what!

His mis-diagnose have ruined a lot of lives like for example; he wrongly diagnosed a fully grown man who was screaming and crying due to pains in his head with just a headache, only for the poor bloke to die the week after: It was a brain tumor and he diagnosed a little girl with a tummy bug only for the poor girl to die from meningitis.

During one of my appointments where I was coughing my guts, he checked me over and simply said 'Ohh you got a cough' No ****, Sherlock, and when a member of the family complained about getting out of breath far too quickly, he just nodded as if he didn't have a clue.

Another family member was throwing up for several days and the same doctor told her that it was just a viral infection or gastritis and told to go home and get some rest, but we ended up phoning the ambulance for her and according to the hospital, it was lucky that she had not died. The poor woman was throwing up her own fetuses duo to her bowels exploding and it was nothing to do with any viral infection.

How many lives is the scumbag going to ruin? The guy has been past his sell by date for many years, he should be sacked on the spot because his corrupt diagnoses are endangering members of the public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trevorblack2014)
    So has anyone had any bad experiences with the people who are supposed to be looking after the health of the public such as our Doctors? Because my Doctor is a disgrace. The man is in his 80s (or 90s) and he is deaf; You have to constantly shout at him and all he ever does is just nod and says 'what!

His mis-diagnose have ruined a lot of lives like for example; he wrongly diagnosed a fully grown man who was screaming and crying due to pains in his head with just a headache, only for the poor bloke to die the week after: It was a brain tumor and he diagnosed a little girl with a tummy bug only for the poor girl to die from meningitis.

During one of my appointments where I was coughing my guts, he checked me over and simply said 'Ohh you got a cough' No ****, Sherlock, and when a member of the family complained about getting out of breath far too quickly, he just nodded as if he didn't have a clue.

Another family member was throwing up for several days and the same doctor told her that it was just a viral infection or gastritis and told to go home and get some rest, but we ended up phoning the ambulance for her and according to the hospital, it was lucky that she had not died. The poor woman was throwing up her own fetuses duo to her bowels exploding and it was nothing to do with any viral infection.

How many lives is the scumbag going to ruin? The guy has been past his sell by date for many years, he should be sacked on the spot because his corrupt diagnoses are endangering members of the public.
    I would take this up with the practice/hospital he works at formally. They should remove him.

ReputationRep:
    The poor woman was throwing up her own fetuses duo to her bowels exploding and it was nothing to do with any viral infection

ReputationRep:

a doctor's job is a difficult one you know?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    the doctors i've seen have sent me away twice saying the lump on my neck is something lympnode or something, but now i get neck pain everyday, every morning i sleep and during the day. it feels like a serious situation but i cant be asked to go a third time.

Why hasn't he retired? You should complain tbh

ReputationRep:
    He shouldn't really be working anymore. You could report him but nothing is likely to be done about it unless others report him too. You should switch doctors or find another practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    the doctors i've seen have sent me away twice saying the lump on my neck is something lympnode or something, but now i get neck pain everyday, every morning i sleep and during the day. it feels like a serious situation but i cant be asked to go a third time.
    How many Doctor's have you seen? Are they all from the same GP practice/hospital or different?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i would probably go to A&E and get it checked out- maybe they can refer you for a biopsy or an xray
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by samzy21)
    How many Doctor's have you seen? Are they all from the same GP practice/hospital or different?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 different doctors same practice. im getting a blood test next friday but that's for anaemia so it's not for the lump ~

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.gif
Views: 64
Size:  50.7 KBWhat!?
    Never...

ReputationRep:

My family has exactly the same problems with our GP.
    Education and Health are not "free" in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    As much as being a doctor is difficult, it sounds as if the guy isn't doing thorough checks with his patients ensuring it's nothing life-threatening, which as it turned out they were life-threatening illnesses. A doctor must always check everything possible to cover their backs so they don't lose their license.

I'd report the guy straight away to the surgery, he should have lost his license ages ago mis-diagnosing many cases. Or better yet, you could pursue a legal remedy by filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, especially considering he mis-diagnosed your family member and then was rushed to hospital in a terrible state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    If they can't do it properly, they should just stay at home instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    My family has exactly the same problems with our GP.
    Education and Health are not "free" in the UK
    Of course they aren't free. They are funded by your taxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 different doctors same practice. im getting a blood test next friday but that's for anaemia so it's not for the lump ~
    You could try a different practice or ask for a second opinion, see what they say about the lump. If they say the same thing then it probably is just a lympnode and nothing to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinawu)
    i would probably go to A&E and get it checked out- maybe they can refer you for a biopsy or an xray
    A longstanding problem is neither an accident nor an emergency. An x-ray would be entirely unhelpful in diagnosing a soft tissue lump, and A&E will not be able to arrange for biopsies to be done there and then. This is a GP --> outpatients problem.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Most lumps are, from experience, nothing serious.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.