The Student Room Group

Is attendance important?

Just wondering because the attendance for most pupils at my sixth form is really bad I think the average was in my form was 75%? Mine is 79%...? My friend has 46% attendance and currently hasn't been in school for 2 weeks and they haven't been kicked out yet? So I am guessing its not, or my school just don't give one..
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Just wondering because the attendance for most pupils at my sixth form is really bad I think the average was in my form was 75%? Mine is 79%...? My friend has 46% attendance and currently hasn't been in school for 2 weeks and they haven't been kicked out yet? So I am guessing its not, or my school just don't give one..

I think some schools would threaten to take people out of exams if it got really low but not everyone does.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou

Hmm I don't think they would kick you out for bad attendance but I don't know. At my school they told us that if we use them for a reference, often prospective employers will ask to see attendance records though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending