The Student Room Group

Gcse science arghhhhh

I'm terrible at science, i'm doing core and I get the worst scores in the class in tests. What do I do? Do I need science in order to get into Uni? I'm wanting to do IT when i'm older but i'm having a little panic attack over how 5hit I am at science...
Reply 1
I make flashcards they are very helpful, and you can find them made for you online. Or watch videos on YouTube where they explain certain things in depth.

Science isn't that essential for ICT, but it's always good to have at least a C in it :smile:
With GCSE science, just try to get a basic understanding of everything in the course, nothing too in depth yet, because of time issues, then you can focus on each part in more detail. This way, you'll be somewhat prepared for anything to come up in the exam, rather than knowing one thing really well, and running the risk of it not showing up at all! For revision techniques, I would recommend flashcards. They really worked for me, even when I made them a couple nights before the exam! Don't make them too detailed, just put short answers to help you remember everything as well as you can. Science is an important qualification to have, and employers and universities like for you to have at least a C, but don't stress too much and good luck!
Reply 3
I hope she doesn't mind me doing this, but I just saw a thread where a girl posted her notes which she used to achieve high marks in the sciences. Here is the link to the thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3226953
Reply 4
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
I hope she doesn't mind me doing this, but I just saw a thread where a girl posted her notes which she used to achieve high marks in the sciences. Here is the link to the thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3226953

Thnaks for posting this! I was gonna start revising C1 tomorrow and i didnt wanna watch a ton a videos :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by s.mo
Thnaks for posting this! I was gonna start revising C1 tomorrow and i didnt wanna watch a ton a videos :biggrin:

Aha, no worries :smile: don't thank me, thank the girl who wrote the notes :biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest