Tasha0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm having difficulty with the difference between indistinctly and distinctly applicable measures and was wondering if anyone could put it in a way which would help me understand it better (I seem to get it but then get confused in its application).
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Distincly is easy to spot. they are direct measures against imports, which make them cost more relative to domestic products. So safety checks on goods from another EU country.

Indistinct is harder to spot. Its where they require the imported goods to meet the same rules as domestic products, which puts the importer at a disadvantage o.e an extyra expense because the importer has to cchange packaging to match that of the home country.

The whole area is dicussed very well inthese flash cards which illustrates with cases as well.

http://www.flashcardmachine.com/eu-e...tofgoodsc.html

Hope thats not too late to help.
Tasha0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Distincly is easy to spot. they are direct measures against imports, which make them cost more relative to domestic products. So safety checks on goods from another EU country.

Indistinct is harder to spot. Its where they require the imported goods to meet the same rules as domestic products, which puts the importer at a disadvantage o.e an extyra expense because the importer has to cchange packaging to match that of the home country.

The whole area is dicussed very well inthese flash cards which illustrates with cases as well.

http://www.flashcardmachine.com/eu-e...tofgoodsc.html

Hope thats not too late to help.
just a few days too late but thanks anyway! Free movement of goods didn't even come up in the exam after all that anyway
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tasha0)
just a few days too late but thanks anyway! Free movement of goods didn't even come up in the exam after all that anyway
Nvm. You have to give people a bit of time if you want legal questions answered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.49%
I'm not sure (46)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.55%
I have already dropped out (29)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (516)
48.86%

Watched Threads