Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there I'm a reapplication to medicine who didn't do very well in the ukcat. I have quite a good memory which is why I was able to achieve alright grades however I'm not very good at the ukcat. Because the ukcat is an exam you can't revise for. So my question is can even idiots get a high ukcat with the right amount of practice and what's the best way to practice (particularly comprehension in verbal reasoning)

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you would be any better at the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDreamer123)
    Hey there I'm a reapplication to medicine who didn't do very well in the ukcat. I have quite a good memory which is why I was able to achieve alright grades however I'm not very good at the ukcat. Because the ukcat is an exam you can't revise for. So my question is can even idiots get a high ukcat with the right amount of practice and what's the best way to practice (particularly comprehension in verbal reasoning)
    Like the other commentator said, try BMAT, you can actually get by memorising crap for that (provided yo ucan also do tell in the essay section).

As for UKCAT, yes, even people that do completely poorly are able to revise for this (even thogu hthey say you can't)
    Key is to do as many practice questions as possible. And yes that means paying a website but its sooooo worth it
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BigDreamer123)
    Hello,

You can revise for the UKCAT! Although it's not a memory game as-such, it's more revising the best techniques for answering questions and getting to know the format of different question styles.

One of the best ways of doing this is to do as many practice questions as you can.
    You might find the following link useful:

Candidate preparation toolkit: This has links to video tutorials, and a vast bank of practice questions. If you're worried about your UKCAT performance, try and go through as much of this content as you possibly can!

We've also got a UKCAT Question Bank, with 50 free questions, plus a short online video tutorial on Verbal Reasoning.

Also, this page of The Student Room has loads of resources listed, broken out by each section of the test.

Finally, check out this post on another thread on TSR, it's got more links you might find useful!

Hope the above helps,
    The Medic Portal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.