Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Our friend has suddenly started to loose bladder control on several occasions. The problems started after his Chechen girl friend left him after she was sacked from the holiday camp she worked and had to return to Prague. They both worked in animation dept.

    He has been very emotional, taking to himself and crying. He has been off college for along time now.

    But the problems got worse when we visited a pub with pals and he urinated himself whilst sat down. He also urinated himself while we were in the steam room at the the hotel spa we are members of.

    He is also quite angry at times.

    Is this normal behaviour? Is it a mental or physical health issue? We've been trying to get him to see his GP.

    But he keeps mentioning his ex GF so I thought maybe taking him to Czech Republic to see his ex GF might help soothe his heartbreak? But its a dangerous place with kidnappings, gangsters and violent jihadists. 4 British telephone workers were kidnapped and beheaded there a while ago .
    Is it worth going? will it help? I really not sure plus we will miss our studies.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated as this is doing my head in.
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    This doesn't sound normal, and he really needs to see someone about it. A lot of conditions can be made worse by stress, IBS being a big one that comes to mind but it needs looking into. It's likely to be a combination of both physical and mental I'd guess but no-one here can say obviously. Keep trying to encourage him to see his GP, don't go on and on about it though as he might start to resent it and you. Remember to look after your own health and life too.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.