The Student Room Group

Exam Anxiety

So, my exams start in less than a week and i know the material (roughly enough to get a decent grade) ive been going over papers and mark schemes and every time i secure atleast a B/A for my psychology papers, but im scared once i walk into the exam room im going to forget it al. For GCSE's i was a pretty bright student throughout the year but when i got into the Exam Hall my mind went blank and i got severe migraines from anxiety... Does anyone know how to make this less severe? or?
Original post by namjoonu
So, my exams start in less than a week and i know the material (roughly enough to get a decent grade) ive been going over papers and mark schemes and every time i secure atleast a B/A for my psychology papers, but im scared once i walk into the exam room im going to forget it al. For GCSE's i was a pretty bright student throughout the year but when i got into the Exam Hall my mind went blank and i got severe migraines from anxiety... Does anyone know how to make this less severe? or?

I've just read this: https://isoton.wordpress.com/2016/05/07/five-techniques-for-staying-calm-during-exams/ about staying calm during exams. It's quite a nice easy to remember technique for shifting your focus and grounding you.

copied in case the site goes down

Smell is particularly powerful - I can imagine if you use this technique during your revision and you have a pencil or pen that you like the smell of (or hand lotion or similar - I've got a special soap that I love the smell of) then that could help you to not only calm your anxiety but to remind you of your revisions sessions so your mind doesn't get that blank feeling.

Quick Reply

Latest