Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the markscheme for the winter 2015 pp 63?

Any tips for the upcoming exam?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi ndk123. Did you do the paper 6 exam today? If so how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    Hi ndk123. Did you do the paper 6 exam today? If so how did you find it?
    Hey!! Yep, I did it today. It was okay I guess, I had some time issues but I was able to finish it at least. I was expecting a much harder paper. As this one was easy I hope they don't make paper 1 and 3 harder... Did you do it today? How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    Hey!! Yep, I did it today. It was okay I guess, I had some time issues but I was able to finish it at least. I was expecting a much harder paper. As this one was easy I hope they don't make paper 1 and 3 harder... Did you do it today? How did it go?
    Thanks for your reply Yeah I did it today and found that it was OK too. But there were some hard bits though... :/ Also what did you put for the very last question (about where the heat is transferred or something), the one about separating to get a blue solution, the leaf questions and designing an experiment for concentration? Sorry that was quite a long list! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    Thanks for your reply Yeah I did it today and found that it was OK too. But there were some hard bits though... :/ Also what did you put for the very last question (about where the heat is transferred or something), the one about separating to get a blue solution, the leaf questions and designing an experiment for concentration? Sorry that was quite a long list! Thanks!
    No problem For the last question i had no idea what to put, it's probably wrong but i put heat lost into the surroundings and lost as sound energy(probably wrong :/). For the separating one i did filtration. The leaf question the destarch one to put it into a cupboard for 48 hours. to absorb carbon dioxide i put sodium hydroxide and the control as water. the starch test to boil it to become permeable put it into ethanol will become green place it into cold water to soften in and test for starch, safety precautions i included tie up your hair and wera googles. experiment E(i think) was brown as no starch as no photosynthesis as no co2 whilst experiment F would photosynthesize as co2 and h20 present therefore blue balck as starch present. For the designing the experiment i did a titration, used sodium hydroxide and the universal indicator where the volume of naoh used was measured etc....

are u also doing paper 11 and 31 on the 25th?

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for the first question with the labelings of the table?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catarina12345)
    what did you put for the first question with the labelings of the table?
    I put Time/Minutes and Volume of...can't remember what it was called... produced/cm3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    No problem For the last question i had no idea what to put, it's probably wrong but i put heat lost into the surroundings and lost as sound energy(probably wrong :/). For the separating one i did filtration. The leaf question the destarch one to put it into a cupboard for 48 hours. to absorb carbon dioxide i put sodium hydroxide and the control as water. the starch test to boil it to become permeable put it into ethanol will become green place it into cold water to soften in and test for starch, safety precautions i included tie up your hair and wera googles. experiment E(i think) was brown as no starch as no photosynthesis as no co2 whilst experiment F would photosynthesize as co2 and h20 present therefore blue balck as starch present. For the designing the experiment i did a titration, used sodium hydroxide and the universal indicator where the volume of naoh used was measured etc....

are u also doing paper 11 and 31 on the 25th?
    I think I put roughly the same as you and yup I am doing the rest on the 25th

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.