Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently noticed I had a bit of a gut (too many sweets) I have bought a recumbent bike and cut down a bit on the sweets will it go down I don't need to be a huge muscle bound guy I just want to take my shirt off and not feel slightly embarrassed I'm doing 4 miles a day or going for a swim or skiing each day will I be able to take my shirt off this summer on the beach without feeling that I'm fat or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    I recently noticed I had a bit of a gut (too many sweets) I have bought a recumbent bike and cut down a bit on the sweets will it go down I don't need to be a huge muscle bound guy I just want to take my shirt off and not feel slightly embarrassed I'm doing 4 miles a day or going for a swim or skiing each day will I be able to take my shirt off this summer on the beach without feeling that I'm fat or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    as always

a calrie deficit will slim that gut down.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You cant spot reduce. The swimming and skiing are probably better. 4 miles isnt a lot.
    You need to log and track your food, as well as weight it on a scale to determine how many calories you are eating and see whther thats over or under the amount you burn each day. A seficit of 500 cals will give you a theoretical loss of 1lb a week, although weight loss is not linear.

You dont give enough info so hard to tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You cant spot reduce. The swimming and skiing are probably better. 4 miles isnt a lot.
    You need to log and track your food, as well as weight it on a scale to determine how many calories you are eating and see whther thats over or under the amount you burn each day. A seficit of 500 cals will give you a theoretical loss of 1lb a week, although weight loss is not linear.

You dont give enough info so hard to tell.
    thanks I mean I'm not exactly over weight if anything I under I just want to lose the gut the rest of me is pretty good I've got really strong legs and pretty good shoulders my arms wrists and hands are week because of a muscle wastage condition and I can feel my abs are quite strong it really is just the gut

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.