emxily
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! I'm currently doing a Language Investigation for my English Language coursework. I have to investigate language on a topic I find interesting.
I have chosen to write about the Feminist and Transgender clash, but I don't really have any idea how I can investigate language on this topic?
Could someone please please please help me out?
MsDiagram
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emxily)
Hi! I'm currently doing a Language Investigation for my English Language coursework. I have to investigate language on a topic I find interesting.
I have chosen to write about the Feminist and Transgender clash, but I don't really have any idea how I can investigate language on this topic?
Could someone please please please help me out?
This does sound like an interesting investigation! I've already completed mine, and the key thing to remember is that you don't have to cover every framework, just the ones you think are relevant. For example, you could talk about recent neologisms concerning gender and issues with their legitimacy from a feminist perspective for lexis, and you could link in language and gender theory (e.g. Butler) from AS for pragmatics. Looking at the rise of political correctness would also be very relevant, and how it has affected language use. I hope this helps!
emxily
Rep:
?
Thank you so much, it means a lot!
MsDiagram
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emxily)
Thank you so much, it means a lot!
No problem! I'd really like to see how this turns out, it's been a pretty hot-button issue recently and I'd like to see a linguistic take on it.
emxily
Rep:
?
(Original post by MsDiagram)
No problem! I'd really like to see how this turns out, it's been a pretty hot-button issue recently and I'd like to see a linguistic take on it.
I will be sure to let you read it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads