This discussion is closed.
ria1099
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can someone help on how to actually structure an EPQ introduction and like a break down?
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
When I did my EPQ, I structured my introduction like this:

The question I am researching is "..." The aim of this project is to...

Sources of information I will use in my research include...

The report is laid out with...

The introduction is actually easier to write at or near the end of the project
ria1099
Rep:
(Original post by Leviathan1741)

Thanks!!! My teacher is asking for it in next wednesday so I don't really know if I could leave it
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ria1099)
Thanks!!! My teacher is asking for it in next wednesday so I don't really know if I could leave it
You're welcome! The introduction doesn't have to be very detailed, I only wrote three brief paragraphs
QueenBee98
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Can someone help on how to actually structure an EPQ introduction and like a break down?
Hey I've just finished my EPQ in the past few weeks :ymca: what are you doing your project on?
ria1099
Rep:
You're welcome! The introduction doesn't have to be very detailed, I only wrote three brief paragraphs
Oh okay, I need to write around 500 words so I guess that should cover it, (I hope so)
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Oh okay, I need to write around 500 words so I guess that should cover it, (I hope so)
Interesting, I wasn't given a word count to aim for!
ria1099
Rep:
(Original post by QueenBee98)
Hey I've just finished my EPQ in the past few weeks :ymca: what are you doing your project on?
Oh! well I was thinking more like comparing American/English music to Korean music and just overall discussing the successes of both. I don't really know how long I'll keep that idea because I want to do maths at uni so it doesn't really go ahhaah, what did you do yours on?
QueenBee98
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Oh! well I was thinking more like comparing American/English music to Korean music and just overall discussing the successes of both. I don't really know how long I'll keep that idea because I want to do maths at uni so it doesn't really go ahhaah, what did you do yours on?
That's a good idea! Yours is very calm compared to mine, I did American Serial Killers
ria1099
Rep:
Interesting, I wasn't given a word count to aim for!
Really?! We've been given a breakdown of how many words should be in each part but I don't exactly remember ahahah
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Really?! We've been given a breakdown of how many words should be in each part but I don't exactly remember ahahah
Hmm, which exam board are you with? The only number we were given was that the project should be around 5000 words in total (mine was around 4300)
ria1099
Rep:
(Original post by QueenBee98)
That's a good idea! Yours is very calm compared to mine, I did American Serial Killers
Yours is quite good actually, I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off because not may people find it interesting! Also I need to find physical research which is going to be hard ahahaah
ria1099
Rep:
Hmm, which exam board are you with? The only number we were given was that the project should be around 5000 words in total (mine was around 4300)
AQA, yeah we were given that as well, what was your EPQ topic? (if you scroll up you'll find what I'm planning to do)
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
AQA, yeah we were given that as well, what was your EPQ topic? (if you scroll up you'll find what I'm planning to do)
For my project, I researched the different theories for the extinction of the dinosaurs and came to a conclusion on which was the most likely
celloel
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

Just a quick question - what grade did you get doing this? It seems like laying out all of that in the introduction wouldnt get you as high of a grade, as it's not really the conventional way of doing an academic essay. Just wondering of course!
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by celloel)
Just a quick question - what grade did you get doing this? It seems like laying out all of that in the introduction wouldnt get you as high of a grade, as it's not really the conventional way of doing an academic essay. Just wondering of course!
I got an A, so I guess I must've done something right!
yoda123
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I didn't want to do a 5000 word dissertation because I was too lazy...ended up doing a 12,500 word website instead :teehee:
Just go over the marking criteria and make a checklist
ria1099
Rep:
For my project, I researched the different theories for the extinction of the dinosaurs and came to a conclusion on which was the most likely
Oh that seems like a good topic!! Did you find all of your research easily?
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Oh that seems like a good topic!! Did you find all of your research easily?
Fairly easily yeah. I'd done a similar project before so I knew there was plenty of information I could use
ria1099
Rep:
Fairly easily yeah. I'd done a similar project before so I knew there was plenty of information I could use
Ah that's good then, thanks for the help!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads