The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean
This is part of the problem. The problem is that for as long as neighbouring countries continue to express anti-Semitic sentiments and until the Jewish population can be promised some security and freedom to live within the region, then I can't ever see any changes happening in Israel. Whilst Palestinian-determination is all good and well, any Palestinian state that may be created will need the support of the Jews. For as long Jews fear the alternative, then the Jews will do all that is possible to uphold the status quo

Pretty much. It's a problem for two statism as well, and three statism. Truth be told attitudes in both nations need to change and certain voices need to lose influence. And unfortunately I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Original post by childofthesun

Spoiler

I've already said in an earlier post that Israel needs to do more to avoid civilian casualties. They certainly seem to care more about civilian casualties than Hamas does or they'd just reduce Palestine to dust (which is exactly what the terrorists would do to Israel if they had the ability to). Do you see Hamas as an obstruction to peace or a means to it? I'm genuinely curious.

I can certainly empathise with you but I can also see it from an Israeli perspective. If I had been brought up in Palestine then maybe I'd agree with you whereas if I was an Israeli under rocket attack then I'd support Israel. Can you see it from their perspective as well? They've been attacked multiple times since their creation. If you think you're public enemy number one it'll certainly lead to an us against them mentality.

What would be your recommendation to solve the situation? (again I'm genuinely curious rather than trying to trap you into an answer)
Original post by childofthesun
Strange that..

That not.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I'm more for Palestine

What? A muslim poster supports Palestine? I cannot believe it. :cool:
If Israel could have its way they would undoubtedly massacre the Palestinians.

It's much more than just "more", isn't it?
Palestine.
Co-existence.
This is part of the problem. The problem is that for as long as neighbouring countries continue to express anti-Semitic sentiments and until the Jewish population can be promised some security and freedom to live within the region, then I can't ever see any changes happening in Israel. Whilst Palestinian-determination is all good and well, any Palestinian state that may be created will need the support of the Jews. For as long Jews fear the alternative, then the Jews will do all that is possible to uphold the status quo

Precisely.
Original post by admonit
What? A muslim poster supports Palestine? I cannot believe it. :cool:

You say that as if you can't be found on every thread to do with Israel, Jewish people, and Judaism generally, taking the most predictable positions. :rolleyes:
Reply 70
Original post by K2G
Israel was a compensation for the past events that took place. Now they act as if they've earned the bloody country.

It wasn't a "compensation". The Jews would have had a state there without the Holocaust.
Watini Filasteen

My mother's birth place, my homeland, my Palestine.

LONG LIVE PALESTINE
Original post by sammy1001
Watini Filasteen

My mother's birth place, my homeland, my Palestine.

LONG LIVE PALESTINE

Inshallah :smile:
Original post by TelAviv
[scrollr]:israel:[/scrollr]
[scroll]:israel: [/scroll]
[scrollr] :israel:[/scrollr]

Boo all the Zionists!

Original post by K2G
Israel was a compensation for the past events that took place. Now they act as if they've earned the bloody country.

I couldn't agree more!

Original post by 0to100
Eugh to both

Eugh to your face.

Original post by EricPiphany

Spoiler

That is impossible now. My people have suffered too much and we aren't ready to accept a binational state.

Original post by admonit
!עם ישראל חי

Zionist, I assume?
Reply 74
Original post by lolatmaths
Why not reality?

There are 600,000 colonists in the West Bank. Their dwellings are like bunkers with water tanks and caves. They have assault riffles and ammo - even kids - and they would rather die than leaving.
The Israeli government will not be able to dislodge them, and neither the Palestinian - or any Arab state.

Anybody saying that a "two states solution is possible" is either deluded or lying.
Original post by sammy1001
Boo all the Zionists!

I couldn't agree more!

Eugh to your face.

That is impossible now. My people have suffered too much and we aren't ready to accept a binational state.

Zionist, I assume?

Good luck with that m8
Reply 76
The palestinians have the right to get their land back. And the israelis can live there too if they want. But yeah Palestine needs to be recognised and will never be forgotten.

Also palestinian is an ethnic group if i am right. So people who think that it is jews vs muslims are soo wrong. Palestinian are of different religions not just muslims.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77

Exactly. The conflict can only end if Lebanon, Syria (well, not now), KSA, Iran, Pakistan, etc. recognised Israel; and if Hamas and Hezbollah gave up their fight against Israel.

Then, the "us vs them; they hate us" rhetoric used by Netanyahu and the Israeli right will become irrelevant, as well as the settlements.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Exactly. The conflict can only end if Jordan, Lebanon, Syria (well, not now), KSA, Iran, Pakistan, etc. recognised Israel; and if Hamas and Hezbollah gave up their fight against Israel.

Then, the "us vs them; they hate us" rhetoric used by Netanyahu and the Israeli right will become irrelevant, as well as the settlements.

Israel has not recognized Palestine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am Yisrael Chai!

Free Palestine from Hamas

Latest

Trending

Trending