Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I had the IGCSE history exam today and it didn't go too bad, I want to know other people's opinions on the exam, did anyone else take it today?

ReputationRep:
    I took it, quite easy IMO

ReputationRep:
    That first question about the Lyntton commission though, getting no marks in that lol

ReputationRep:
    We got taught that the report for the Manchurian Crisis was called the Lytton Report done by Lord Lytton. So i was able to vaguely say what it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntonSmith)
    We got taught that the report for the Manchurian Crisis was called the Lytton Report done by Lord Lytton. So i was able to vaguely say what it was
    Oh great well good for you, I'm hoping the grade boundaries will be low, this exam was so had compared to last years

ReputationRep:
    Think it went okay! We did a different paper from everyone else (P13, I think) I think, because I got Versailles and League, and no questions on Lytton (which is good because I would have blanked). Got a question on Sevres, which I had to guess a bit because I could only come up with one real point and I forgot why they had to renegotiate the treaty, but overall it went pretty well!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    There's an unofficial mark scheme for this exam here if you're interested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emioww)
    Think it went okay! We did a different paper from everyone else (P13, I think) I think, because I got Versailles and League, and no questions on Lytton (which is good because I would have blanked). Got a question on Sevres, which I had to guess a bit because I could only come up with one real point and I forgot why they had to renegotiate the treaty, but overall it went pretty well!
    Oh right sounds good 👌🏼 do you do a paper 2 source type exam? I have that on Friday 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylansingh99)
    Oh right sounds good 👌🏼 do you do a paper 2 source type exam? I have that on Friday 😬
    Yehp! I have it on Friday as well, on the Gulf War. Really hoping they're not too mean, because sources are not my strong point. (Our Paper 4 however, is fine by me!)

ReputationRep:
    Oh great I'm doing it on the Cold War too, hopefully I can do well on it and it can bump me overall grade up, just remember to revise a little be of context and know how to answer each type of question, I'm sure it will go fine though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.