Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm completing my student finance application and I'm the bit where my parents have to put in their financial information. They're both in partnerships and they have an accountant that handle their tax calculation things and I've got a copy of it.

I'm confused on the first bit where you have to put in the profit details.
    There's two boxes; Total taxable profit from business(es) and Total taxable profit from partnership(s)

If I put it in partnership box the other 'Total taxable profit from businesses' box will be £0? Are they two different things and there has to be a number in both?

and also there's like a lot of categories lool which number do I put in? Theres;

-Income Received (before tax taken off) then
    -Profit from Partnerships
    - Total Income received (The number) .... minus Personal Allowance which equals Total Income on which tax is due

ReputationRep:
    heelp
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

This information is supposed to be provided by your parents, not yourself.

If they are in a partnership, and not the sole owner of a company, then they should put the figure in the partnership box only.

We only look at figures that are taxable and the figure they need to put is their taxable profits.

If you only have a tax calculation, this may not confirm these details. These do not always contain a full breakdown of the income.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there.

This information is supposed to be provided by your parents, not yourself.

If they are in a partnership, and not the sole owner of a company, then they should put the figure in the partnership box only.

We only look at figures that are taxable and the figure they need to put is their taxable profits.

If you only have a tax calculation, this may not confirm these details. These do not always contain a full breakdown of the income.

Thanks.
    Yeh my parents are with me when we're filling it out cos they don't use computers that much to understand so I'm putting in whatever they have on their statements. So for e.g. if they're partnered for one company I don't put anything down in the total taxable profits from businesses but the latter?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.