Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has a revision technique for Sociology Unit One Education. If so please share... :| I am really nervous for this exam. Also how does everyone else remember key sociological writers?

Harry
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HarryJRMatthews)
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has a revision technique for Sociology Unit One Education. If so please share... :| I am really nervous for this exam. Also how does everyone else remember key sociological writers?

Harry
    I'm still writing out notes for families & households haven't started on education yet regarding notes but plan so far is:
    type up notes from textbook using bullet points & titles
    highlighting sociologists & relevant theories
    condense notes even more so each bullet point is one line
    Separate notes into functionalism, marxism, new right etc or i'm going to make a booklet for each sociologist.
    Copy & paste sociologists onto a separate document where i will create flashcards for each study
    On another word document I will write out the sociologist & date of study to make a pair / snap game
    Regarding key terms & vocab on quizlet there's a load of resources you can use on their which is pre made - there's millions of as sociology sets on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    I'm still writing out notes for families & households haven't started on education yet regarding notes but plan so far is:
    type up notes from textbook using bullet points & titles
    highlighting sociologists & relevant theories
    condense notes even more so each bullet point is one line
    Separate notes into functionalism, marxism, new right etc or i'm going to make a booklet for each sociologist.
    Copy & paste sociologists onto a separate document where i will create flashcards for each study
    On another word document I will write out the sociologist & date of study to make a pair / snap game
    Regarding key terms & vocab on quizlet there's a load of resources you can use on their which is pre made - there's millions of as sociology sets on there.
    Woah thanks for that, gonna try out some of these like making the booklets. I have started a website as well. I haven't started revising F+H properly yet because that the furthest away!

You helped me out so much thank you! :p:)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HarryJRMatthews)
    Woah thanks for that, gonna try out some of these like making the booklets. I have started a website as well. I haven't started revising F+H properly yet because that the furthest away!

You helped me out so much thank you! :p:)
    better start soon! are you doing the AS level?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I am, i have started F+H as i have revised throughout the year as we started it first. Just so worried about these exams. Got a B in the last mock. In my latest mocks I got AAB so really want to bring this up.

(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    better start soon! are you doing the AS level?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi! I moved this to the Sociology forum

ReputationRep:
    I found these on some other forums, I found the powerpoint quite useful.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pptx SCLY - Family & Education.pptx (2.11 MB, 118 views)
  2. File Type: doc Sociology revision Education.doc (57.0 KB, 162 views)
  3. File Type: docx education.docx (40.1 KB, 109 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.