Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wählen Sie ein besonderes Ereignis in dem Buch / Schauspiel / Film, das / den Sie studiert haben. Wie wichtig ist dieses Ereignis für den Verlauf des Werkes?
    This is a past question from June 2010, and no matter how many practise essays I have done I'm still finding it really hard to figure out how to structure it and what to write where I'm studying a book called Der Vorleser, and any help on how to structure this essay would be massively appreciated!!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hallo 😀🇩🇪

I'm doing a film called goodbye Lenin, so it's a bit anders but anyway. Clearly you should choose an event that is important. Then say why it's important. Perhaps a turning point for one of the characters.... Then maybe how the author has achieved it. I guess you should discuss how it affects what happens next and if it changes the way the reader thinks about what has already happened.

That is a horrible question though.

Had my speaking today which was good, far better than my AS.

Viel vergnügen mit deinem aufsatz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeboyshop)
    Hallo 😀🇩🇪

I'm doing a film called goodbye Lenin, so it's a bit anders but anyway. Clearly you should choose an event that is important. Then say why it's important. Perhaps a turning point for one of the characters.... Then maybe how the author has achieved it. I guess you should discuss how it affects what happens next and if it changes the way the reader thinks about what has already happened.

That is a horrible question though.

Had my speaking today which was good, far better than my AS.

Viel vergnügen mit deinem aufsatz
    Thanks for your help

It is a horrible question, my mock was another past paper question about the cultural background of the book, which was terrible

I did my speaking exam on Friday - so glad its out the way

Good luck with everything!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi! I moved this to the Foregin Languages forum for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    Wählen Sie ein besonderes Ereignis in dem Buch / Schauspiel / Film, das / den Sie studiert haben. Wie wichtig ist dieses Ereignis für den Verlauf des Werkes?
    This is a past question from June 2010, and no matter how many practise essays I have done I'm still finding it really hard to figure out how to structure it and what to write where I'm studying a book called Der Vorleser, and any help on how to structure this essay would be massively appreciated!!

Thank you
    Hey, Im doing the Goodbye Lenin film too, and yeah, the RBE Essays are really difficult to do. I talk about an event, and then literally describe the things that are going on in that particular event (For example, In Goodbye Lenin, A character wears a red dress, which symbolises the DDR e.t.c). I then go on to talk about a couple of other points to back up this event, and then conclude the paragraph by saying "Becker (the director) wollte uns zeigen, dass der DDR nicht positiv fuer jeder war", which really just closes what you want to say and really gets your marks for understanding up. Do 2 paragraphs relating to the event, summing each up with the directors wishes. Some facts about your book will also go along way to getting loads more marks, Ive been told.
    I find I spend a little longer planning what I want to write in these essays than other class members, and i write the plans in English to really think about what I want to say before I say it in German.
    So yeah, hope this helps!!
    Good Luck with everything!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.